getting the sticker off a Yamaha touring windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtfriedrich

Reaction score
Got a brand new Yamaha Touring windshield, and it comes with a stupid warning label that seems to be impossible to get off.

Anyone cracked the code?

(I did a seach for touring windshield sticker and got 1000+ hits, the first pages of which had nothing to do with it.)

thanks

thanks for the replies.

I ran it under very hot water, so I don't think heat is the solution, and it seems a bit risky to remove a lable that says "don't use solvents" with a solvent!

but wtf, it pisses me off every time I see it, so I am going to experiment with the WD-40

WD-40 isn't a solvent, it's a penatraiting oil. It gets between the glue and the paper/plexi. You may need to use a fingernail to help loosen things up.

Are they still using the big solid colored one? Some OE shields come with a clear label that is much less annoying to look at, and even easy to overlook all together.

Using really hot water and a heat gun/hair dryer are 2 differnt things. When using the water, the temp with gradually get cooler, not maintaing a stable temp. The heat gun/dryer however will. And it also won't get hot enough as to do damage as long as you move it around the area. I know this is how most auto dealerships remove unwanted decals from cars. Least that's how they do it in my neck of the woods.

I removed my sticker using a hair dryer and a fingernail.

Get the area hot and scrape with your fingernail then remove the extra glue using GOOP.

It worked great for me and left no marks or scratches.

lori

BKR CHK

07 FJR 1300

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know Robert?????

I know that Prestone [SIZE=8pt]r[/SIZE] Windshield de-icer will remove the "protective" coating on shields :dribble:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blow dryer all the way. I didnt have a lick of residue and it took about 30 seconds from start to finish. I then used the same meathod to remove the sticker from on top of the gas tank, that was another few seconds.

I talked my wife into chipping it away with her nails. Took her about 10 minutes. Whoever came up with that sticker should be FIRED!!!

I talked my wife into chipping it away with her nails. Took her about 10 minutes. Whoever came up with that sticker should be FRIED!!!
There, smoke, I fixed it for you. :clapping:

'Specially since, lately, we Cali residents know all about heat, fire, cooked, smoked, etc. :rolleyes: