GezaGear Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
I just ordered a cover from Geza Gear for my '05. When I called to ask about the sizing I was informed that for an extra $20 I could get a cover made specifically for the FJR. The sales rep told me that they weren't real happy with the way their standard covers fit the mirrors and the narrow contour of the FJR front end, so they now make one (made to order) for our bikes. I'll take pics when it arrives. Should be about two weeks.

I'm sure you will happy with it. I bought one several years ago, and it seemed to fit my '03 and '04 very well. I haven't tried it on the '06 yet, but if they weren't happy with the fit before, I'll bet the new one will fit like a glove. Spendy cover, but worth it. And, their claim that it won't mark up the paint is right on. I trailered my '04 from Washington to California once using the cover, and not so much as even a hint of marking up the paint. Good stuff, worth every cent.

Find out if they'll let you trade in an old one for one of the new ones.... I've got an older version that I wouldn't mind being better fitting.

I'd love to get one, but I'm nervous about the fit. I have the FZ1 mirrors, tall and wide Cee Baileys Screen...+ the saddlebags.

I bought one a few years ago and really like it. I got one that accomodates the topcase and larger windshield. The first few times you use it it takes awhile to get on. After a few times it starts to form to the bike design somewhat.

I'd love to get one, but I'm nervous about the fit. I have the FZ1 mirrors, tall and wide Cee Baileys Screen...+ the saddlebags.

GunMD, Which cover did you order? From their web page, it looks like there are lots of choices. Looks like a very nice cover. I'll have to check into them.

GunMD, Which cover did you order? From their web page, it looks like there are lots of choices. Looks like a very nice cover. I'll have to check into them.
Based on what I told the sales rep when I called, I went w/ XL, Sport Classic Plus fabric, custom size. But CALL THEM and ask about your specific setup. They took a TON of time on the phone w/ me ensuring that all of my silly questions were answered. This place (so far) has some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with. Be sure to ask them about the Custom FJR size, and tell them that Mr. Wright from the FJR forum sent you.

Last edited by a moderator:
For that extra $20, you could have half the total cost of a Tour King cover. When I first considered a Geeza (even with a sizeable discount they were offering) I just couldn't. I figured that the life expectancy of 4 TK's was more than enough to keep me and the next owner or two of my 2003 happy for a while.

I guess I'm alergic to "cover bling" or something.

Bounce, difference is with the Geeza you can trailer with it on. I don't think the tour king would hold up to well.

maybe the custom cover will prevent the quick degeneration of the material that I experienced. I haven't even been using mine 6 months and it's already leaving tiny pieces of elastic/rubber stuff all over my bike especially where the fabric is stretched a lot. All that after I paid the big bucks for the super resilient stuff/treatments.

Not too happy with my Geza for that, but it's still useable and I still use it even though it makes a mess of my bike. I'm not sure how long it'll last like this.

Too bad, I like the small packing size and the elastic fit.

maybe the custom cover will prevent the quick degeneration of the material that I experienced. I haven't even been using mine 6 months and it's already leaving tiny pieces of elastic/rubber stuff all over my bike especially where the fabric is stretched a lot. All that after I paid the big bucks for the super resilient stuff/treatments.
Not too happy with my Geza for that, but it's still useable and I still use it even though it makes a mess of my bike. I'm not sure how long it'll last like this.

Too bad, I like the small packing size and the elastic fit.
Those things have a warranty...I'd call em up and talk to 'em about a replacement.

Yeah, I looked at those, and the cost will buy you a few other farkles.

The cover I have is pretty damn nice. Scrunches up good in a compression sack for trips.

You can trailer my bike when I'm dead, or if I wreck it, at either point it won't need a cover.

:D

Those things have a warranty...I'd call em up and talk to 'em about a replacement.
+1 Ovale... I'd give them a call if it's decomposing already...

GEZA gear offers:
12-month warranty on the Sport-Light Series

24 month warranty on the Sport-Classic Series

48 month warranty on the Sport Classic PLUS Series

60 month warranty on the Pro-Series

LifeTime on the Pro-Extreme Series

GEZA gear offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY ON STITCHING AND SEAM REPAIR for all Pro-Stretch Series Covers.

yep, I'm gonna cuz I actually got the 48 month warranty. I'd rather have the thing be perfect than have to screw with a warranty though...ya know?

I wrote them an email the other day, telling how my cover doesn't fit as tightly as the others shown on their website... got a reply back from them asking for my phone number so they could talk to me about it. We'll see what happens.