Givi E52 Color

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
Is it true that the E52 is NOT available in Galaxy blue for our '05s? Mike at U. motors said that color is only available for the optional lid on the V46 and that the E52 blue is color matched to a V-strom--not the FJR.

Bummer if true...

From what I understand, that's correct. Givi chose different cases to color match to the FJR every year for the first few years. The 2003 color matched case was the E52, 2004 color matched case was the E46, and the 2005 color match was the V46 case. I'm not sure what the 2006 and 2007 color matched cases are.

Is it true that the E52 is NOT available in Galaxy blue for our '05s? Mike at U. motors said that color is only available for the optional lid on the V46 and that the E52 blue is color matched to a V-strom--not the FJR.
Bummer if true...

Yeah but it doesn't look that bad

FJRinNCtn-1.jpg

or

P1010277.jpg

and

Pic1121.jpg

Hey,

Is the flat black the best way to go if you are going to paint it?? What I am getting at is it a textured surface that needs to be sanded or is ready for paint???

Thanx

Is the flat black the best way to go if you are going to paint it?? What I am getting at is it a textured surface that needs to be sanded or is ready for paint???
FYI I had a Givi (E360 or 460-don't recall now on a Concours) and it had the flat black paint . When I traded for the 05 FJR I took the case to my favorite body shop (Guys really do a fantastic job & take pride in doing the odd projects) and they told me they wouldn't paint it to match my 05. They said they didn't think it would look right with the textured surface. I guess I'm not saying it can't de done but be very sure of your choice of paint shop-You might be better off leaving it the black like I did. Best of luck.