Givi E55 versus V46

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FantasticJohnR

Reaction score
I have had a V46 on my previous FJRs and have been reasonably happy- though it can't fit but one of my Nolan helmets as compared to the two as advertised.

I was thinking of getting the new E55- but am afraid this may be to big.I never found the V46 to catch too much wind and unsettle the way the bike handles.

Anyone have experience with the E55? Have pics with it on the FJR? and have an impression of the V46 versus the E55.

Thanks.

The 55 is the replacement for the 52 that I have. Every now & then I get a smart comment about the bubble following me, but it can hold my helmet & summer weight jacket while I'm at the office. I'd guess the Givi may've been over 120 a couple of times when I've been solo, as opposed to the Yam topbox on my previous Gen1 FJR that would occasionally set up a bit of shake.

CnOLock6.jpg

Kings5P1080222.jpg

Hey, no matter.

FWIW though, the 55 is pretty sharp looking and a good match for the FJR.

I got to see both side by side at the IMS and felt the 55 was worth the extra dosh.

It's shape and lines don't make it look unreasonably large. It's the one I would buy.

If anyone is interested pics are available on the Givi site.

I've got a 52, holds two helmets or my one helmet and Joe Rocket with armor, 2 pair gloves, scarf, extra helmet shield, sunglasses,...that's all. Side bags plus top case..85mph all day no shake. top case only...90 all day no shake. not that i've had shake at higher speeds, just never been over those speeds for extended times with the cases on.

I've got the 52 and love it. I have not noticed any handling problems caused by wind, speed or any other outside force. Holds loads of gear. I rarely ever take it off the bike.

Keith

I have the 55, no problem so far. This was the only <<bubble >>that could handle my 17" laptop. Just got the new led set from Admore light yesterday, I have to install it.