Givi keys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have a Givi top box (maxia 52l) and I have gone through the keys. The first disingrated right after I got the case put on. The metal key part just came out of the red plastic bit that you use to turn the key. The second key is coming apart on my trip because I am turning it all the way to the right to pop the carrying handle out. I am by no means using excesive force. I called the dealer who I got the case from, and they called Givi, who will sell me blanks at $12 a pop. I tried to get keys made in Rapid city, but they said I can only get them from Givi. I will try again when I get home to Tucson. Has anyone else had problems with Givi keys?

TIA,

Greg

Read ye here and be amazed. Lost one key and broke the other, left me with a loose metal tooth to keep track of. Took care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my givi key almost daily for the last two years. Still on the original key. Still have the second one waiting in reserve, no signs of distress. Maybe they made a bad batch of keys? Mine is as good as new, my FJR key is looking tired though. I'll be getting some replacements, hopefully before it breaks into two parts. :)

My Givi key did the same thing, I got a spare, glued the broken one and will use as spare, I liked the old keys better