Givi Maxia 3 E55 problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoltar

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my new Givi top case. It opens itself while riding....

There is no difference that it is empty or not, it is opens every few miles when

the road is not flat.

Anyone had same problem? How can I solve this ?

I gave it back to the shop, they change ( or not ) locks but problem still exists, and additionally

now it is more difficult to close it, I have to push it really hard.

help :( any ideas? One is to use a rope instead a lock :)

Push in on the silver "MAXIA" logo above the "Press" button on the rear of the case while closing the top of the box with the other hand. These instructions came with the case. I love this GIVI E-55 case. I don't have the remote installed as I figured it might cause additional issues. I also have the GIVI E-52 and V-46 cases on other bikes.

Do you have the remote opener?
No, as I wrote before :) I don't need remote opener because it is open itself :)

Push in on the silver "MAXIA" logo above the "Press" button on the rear of the case while closing the top of the box with the other hand. These instructions came with the case.
hmm strange, I have to push it while iam closing it ? why ? don't understand. When I close it, it looks closed and without push the button

"press" I cant open it, but after few miles it is open itself, so do you think that "Push in on the silver "MAXIA" logo above the "Press"" could help ?

Yeah Zoltar. Your remote opener is much cheaper than the GIVI add on. ;) Just for the record, I have no trouble with mine popping open. Let us all know the resolution to your problem when you figure it out.

Ride safe and don't put anything valuable in your topcase. :)

Uh oh - not a RTFM type problem ;^)

Though I must admit, I just got the Givi V46 and don't find closing it as intuitive/easy as my old E45/E36s (which I had for 15 years on my Concours). Hopefully time will help.