Givi Owners. What's your favorite Mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I have been searching and have found a couple different mounts that I could use for an E52 Top Case and would like to know what you use and like. I am pretty much set on the E52 box cause I need the extra space that it affords. So are you happy with your mount? Would you buy it again? If not what mount do you like? I need to buy the box and Mount A.S.A.P. cause I am planning on using my bike as a daily commuter bike. Please let me know, and as always photo's are worth a 1000 words.....

I really like this one...from premier cycles.

clicky

looks better than the GIVI mount, IMO. I've only had it for 2600 miles, but no problems.

I used this one...... I think it's a Premier Cycles rack.

As you can see I flush mounted it so the case sits lower on the bike.....

topplate.jpg

sideplate.jpg

flushplate.jpg

Not sure if this one is actually for a GenII model.......but it fits nice. :glare:

I used Givi's kit, mostly because I didn't know the difference at the time. I didn't think there was any way to mount the box to the stock rack. I think Givi's rack is stronger, since it replaces the plastic stock rack and grab rail with a steel piece. Givi rates their box for 13 pounds on their rack, while Yamaha only rates 7 pounds. Yeah, that's just CYA lawyer-speak, but it's still close to twice the rating.

Last edited by a moderator: