Givi Top Case Mount- Passenger Comfort

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulyG

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the model specific Givi top case (357) with a v46 or 52, and if so, does it provide enough room for the passenger. I have a v46 from my old V Strom that I will be using on the FJR with a Givi backrest, and I thought someone here mentioned that the 357 cheated the passenger out of some room. I was given the mount today for Christmas but would like any comments before I install it. I was actually looking at the other rack I saw on this forum, which uses the givi 250 mount as an alternative.

Like almost everything, it depends on you and your passenger.

I have the Givi tubular rack (Givi SR346) and V46 with color matching lid and Gel backrest pad, all purchased from Glen at SportTour.com (no affiliation). My wife is rather petite at 5' and 115lbs and says that she is very comfortable with the bag on. In fact she won't ride without it due to the sense of added security having the backrest. I have sat on the back of the bike and I am, ahem..., not petite (6'2" at 215lbs) and feel like there would even be enough room for me.

However, I've heard from others that they are crowded by the same set-up, so... caveat emptor. But there are the adjustment bracket solutions being made as shown above. Very slick solution it is, if'n you need it. Considering that, I'd stick with the trunk you have and juts get it positioned to your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just added 2 @ 1.5" X 8" pieces of .125" steel and redrilled for the box mount to be 2" back. I counter sunk the bolts so the mount wouldn't interfere. Wife likes it much more! Easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought someone here mentioned that the 357 cheated the passenger out of some room.
Might this be a solution?
Have you come up with a symilar mod for the Yamaha box?
Maybe this?

I just added 2 @ 1.5" X 8" pieces of .125" steel and redrilled for the box mount to be 2" back. I counter sunk the bolts so the mount wouldn't interfere. Wife likes it much more! Easy fix.

I thought someone here mentioned that the 357 cheated the passenger out of some room.
Might this be a solution?

I have stock on hand....

Have you come up with a symilar mod for the Yamaha box?
The Yamaha mounting is quite a bit little trickier, IMO. That's because the mount is not a 2 piece assembly like the GIVI mount is. So it would not be simple to fabricate an adapter like the one seen above, which acts as an interface between the metal rack base and the plastic upper mount.

I suppose it could still be done, but not simply.