Givi top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greetings all.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Givi top box (already have the SR 357 on the bike). In the past I had a Monokey E55 which I liked, but like others, I had key/lock problems. Was thinking about either a 46/47. If you had the E55 and downsized, do you wish you had the E55 back? If you have either the 46 ot 47 liter, do you find it is adequate for multiday trips or do you wish you had those few extra liters?

TIA,

Greg

I have had my E52 for years, when I bought my '05 3 weeks ago it had the factory top box. I looked inside, realized how small it was and sold it. I would like to have an E55 for more room. I would not want to down size. I take too much crap with me, especially when I camp. YMMV

Greg - I've got a V47 that I just road tested on a 2000 mi trip and have to say it worked great. Enough capacity to be useful, but doesn't look like doppler weather radar station.

I had the Givi 55 and now have the V47. I gotta admit, I wish I'd bought another 55. I can stuff my jacket in the new V47, but it takes some doing. With the 55, my Badlands fit, no problem. I do like the looks of the V47, though.

Greg - I've got a V47 that I just road tested on a 2000 mi trip and have to say it worked great. Enough capacity to be useful, but doesn't look like doppler weather radar station.
Same here. Leave the kitchen sink at home, pack carefully, and the V47 is certainly adequate. Not a lot of room for bringing home souvenirs (at least that's what I tell my wife), but certainly adequate.

Wish I was smarter, and could figure out the Multiquote feature!

I have had my E52 for years, when I bought my '05 3 weeks ago it had the factory top box. I looked inside, realized how small it was and sold it. I would like to have an E55 for more room. I would not want to down size. I take too much crap with me, especially when I camp. YMMV

Pretty much where I am at, not that much more $$$, but you never know when you will want that extra space........

One of the main reasons I am looking at a smaller unit (Go ahead Barry, but the goats have yet to complain!)

I had the Givi 55 and now have the V47. I gotta admit, I wish I'd bought another 55. I can stuff my jacket in the new V47, but it takes some doing. With the 55, my Badlands fit, no problem. I do like the looks of the V47, though.

Kind of what I am worried about, but I think it will be another E55. Just wish they looked better.

Same here. Leave the kitchen sink at home, pack carefully, and the V47 is certainly adequate. Not a lot of room for bringing home souvenirs (at least that's what I tell my wife), but certainly adequate.

It's not the outward trip that worries me, but having space for the stuff I get along the way.

Well I happen to have a silver E55 for sale complete with backrest, mount and wiring for the lights if anyone should be interested.

I only need the case, or I would be all over this. Best of luck selling!

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the input, looks like another E55 is in order.

Greg

Pretty happy with looks and capacity of my V46. Multi-week trips or adding a pillion means packing smart and not taking stuff you're not going to use. No room for helmets, but plenty for the daily need stuff I use a trunk for.

Good luck with the decision!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the 55. It's only on the bike for LD trips, so even though I am not real fond of the looks, I will definately utilize the space.

Thanks for the input everybody,

Have a great weekend!

Greg