Givi topcase METAL mounting plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirl

Reaction score
ON THE ROAD ...(reside in AZ-85338, CA-96150,
I'm new 'round here so if there is something inappropriate to my posting I apologize in advance. FWIW, I have exhausted my capabilities w/the Search function (as well as hit a frustration limit w/the system regurgitating my 3 letter searches like "V46").

Here's what I would like to know…. Is there a metal mounting plate that DIRECTLY accepts the Givi V46 topcase? I understand that forum member OHFJR has a plate but that I would need to use a Givi mounting plate (E250) as well. I am primarily trying to avoid plastic to plastic (as in Givi V46 to Givi SR357 or E250) because of my experiences, namely, after 25k miles (on a non-FJR shall we say) the plastic to plastic started to give up the ghost and the topcase rattled. I used rubber spacers to get by until the problem worsened again...and again. :madsmiley: At 35k miles I ditched the Givi plastic mounting bracket thanks to an upgrade aluminum plate being available that accepted the Givi directly. (For reference, this is the plate: HERE) In 30k miles w/the aluminum mounting plate (which is also adjustable) I haven't had a single issue w/a rattling topcase (and subsequent headache). I'd like not to have the same experience w/the V46 on the FJR. Any ideas if such a mounting plate exists for the FJR or if some fabricating fancier is developing one (hint hint)?

Thanks in advance. :winksmiley02:

AGirl

This is what I used but have since had to change to the OHFJR rack because of adding a fuel cell.

Clicky This

This is with the OHFJR rack and SW MOTO bracket

IMGP0436.jpg

I didn't relize it was for an 07. Mine is 05.

I think the OHFJR rack will work on the 07 and the SWMOTO bracket will fit the GIVI trunk but this does require some extra drilling and tapping.