Givi trunk and room for passenger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got an 04 FJR and the GIVI trunk + backrest mounted on the GIVI rack (wish the OHFJR rack were available for models earlier than 06) and it feels like the trunk is placed too much forward and doesn't leave that much space for the passenger.

Am i the only one with this feeling and is there an easy way to give more room to my passenger in the back (i'm already looking at pegs extension for her to enhance her overall experience)

Thanks a lot

Vince

Hi,
I just got an 04 FJR and the GIVI trunk + backrest mounted on the GIVI rack (wish the OHFJR rack were available for models earlier than 06) and it feels like the trunk is placed too much forward and doesn't leave that much space for the passenger.

Am i the only one with this feeling and is there an easy way to give more room to my passenger in the back (i'm already looking at pegs extension for her to enhance her overall experience)

Thanks a lot

Vince
Hi Vince - my wife rides on back with the Givi trunk and backrest and she finds that it is fine - I have no compliants on space nor does she - now that being said she is about 5'7" tall and only 120lbs so the backrest suits her fine. But another couple we ride with - his wife being 5'1" tall did not like the backrest at all as it was to high and pushed her forward. He removed the Givi backrest and he installed a backrest similar to one off of an office chair but clamped it on the Givi box mounting bracket just below the front of the box so that the backrest hit her more in the lower back area. She says this allows her more room as it dosen't push the top of her back forward. My wife tried it on a ride and found that she liked the original Givi setup as she had something to lean back on and it hits her more in the middle of her back. Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved ours back with some 1.5" x .250" x 10"approx. plates. Countersunk the screws for the plates and drilled new ones for the box. Moved it back 1.5". Wife is much happier! It was a E52 though.

I moved ours back with some 1.5" x .250" x 10"approx. plates. Countersunk the screws for the plates and drilled new ones for the box. Moved it back 1.5". Wife is much happier! It was a E52 though.
But were you compensating for the backrest?

I have an E52 & my petite wife prefers it without the backrest. Her jacket armor is all she needs.

dobias :glare:

I made an adaptor plate and moved it back about 2". Pretty easy with basic skills. Just make a template out of cardboard and transfer it to the final product. I used 1/4" aluminum plate.

Well my wife mostly always solo rides on her FJR, but occasionally we will two-up on it (she hates being a passenger tho). There's plenty of room for her with the Givi E460 trunk we have on it.

Latest posts