GIVI Trunk with GIVI Gel Backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
I have a GIVI V46 Trunk with the GIVI Gel Backrest and the SW-Mototech ALU rack and adapter plate. It seems that the backrest is to far "forward" for the passenger to sit erect/slightly back. Can I here form passengers that have experienced this trunk/backrest/SW-Mototeck mounting to find out if it works for them??

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I developed, had made and sold a few plates that moves the mounting base back about three inches. Here's the thread about mine. I think I still have one laying around if you want it, but not sure it will mate up with that rack you describe. PM for acquisition details.

Ok,

The premiere Motorcycle accessories plate allows for two spots to secure the Givi base. I like the options.

WW

Ok,The premiere Motorcycle accessories plate allows for two spots to secure the Givi base. I like the options.

WW
Yes, but my PA plate broke due to dirt roads and a bit of overloading.. Interesting to hear the stock Givi is not good for pillion back rest position. Toe, got another one of them plates? Easy to fab?

Ok,The premiere Motorcycle accessories plate allows for two spots to secure the Givi base. I like the options.

WW
Yes, but my PA plate broke due to dirt roads and a bit of overloading.. Interesting to hear the stock Givi is not good for pillion back rest position. Toe, got another one of them plates? Easy to fab?
Unless I'm misreading somewhere, I don't think anyone said the stock Givi plate is causing a problem - it's an SW Motech rack and adapter plate.

Unless I'm misreading somewhere, I don't think anyone said the stock Givi plate is causing a problem...
The stock Givi plate is the reason I made the adapter to move it back. Most people just run the box w/o pad and let their pillion rest on the bare box.

Uh, huh huh, he said bare box....

butthead.gif

I just finished (1/2 hr. ago) mounting my new Givi 52L with the Alu Rack and adapter plate. Even without the backrest the box is too close for the two of us to sit comfortably. The box needs to be back at least 2". Looks like I'll be sending it back and ordering the set-up from Premier.

Toecutter told me that Skyway may be re-producing the plate. I tried PM ing him but his mailbox is full. Is Skyway out there in cyberland? :lol:

Rog

Latest posts