Givi V46 and '07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Givi V46 for my 07, I need more space for these long rides. After reading through a lot of the Givi topics, one of my main questions doesn't seem to get answered. Does the red lid even come close to matching the '07 or am I better off getting a generic black instead? :huh:

I'm considering buying a Givi V46 for my 07, I need more space for these long rides. After reading through a lot of the Givi topics, one of my main questions doesn't seem to get answered. Does the red lid even come close to matching the '07 or am I better off getting a generic black instead? :huh:

I have been communicating with GIVI on the subject. I asked if they are going to produce the color matched top in the 2007 color. Their reply (about 1 week ago...)

"We are actually looking into this as we speak, we hope to know something soon. If we offer it, this will be on the V46 model only."

I don't think the existing red color will look very good on the 2007. You could go with all black, get it painted at a local shop, or wait. I am waiting, since I'd really like to match the Black Cherry and I don't want to have it painted at a body shop. I do like the all painted top of the Yammie trunk, but it is expensive and they don't seem to offer it yet for the '07 either. I think I'll hold out for a while on the GIVI. There is another thread in accessories showing relative merits of the cases. Yamaha top case vs. Givi top case

Good info, Thanks. Maybe I should call Givi and plant yet another bug in there ear. I can hold out for the nice color match :D

Ray

I have a V46 with the red lid insert for my Bandit. I can tell you it does not match the 07 color at all. Get the stock insert and have it painted, wait for GIVI to come out with the right color or stick with the stock black insert.

I dropped an email to Givi this morning asking if/when there going to do the '07 color match. I'll let ya all know what the reply is when/if I get it.

Ray

Sent this message to Givi:

"Howdy. I'm interested in the V46 top box, but I'm curious to know if or when you plan on a color matched lid for the '07 FJR 1300 in Black Cherry. My understanding is the red cover you sell is not even close to the FJR. Thank you"

And there reply:

"We are looking into this now, we should know something in a couple of weeks.

Best Regards, Craig"

Pretty close to BostonFJR's response. So if you have a '07 and want the color matched lid, (heck even if you don't) call Givi and bug em. If we show there's enough interest in them, maybe they'll make em.

Ray

:clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping:

Sent another Email to Givi, and here's the reply!

----------------------

It has been confirmed and we expect to get it in the US in approx 6-8 weeks,

Craig

----- Original Message -----

To: GIVI USA Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:44 AM

Subject: Re:

Any info yet on the color match lid?

------------