Givi V46 lid color for '08?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripkid

Reaction score
Greetings,

V46 color panel for the Raven '08

I've been lurking for quite some time. I almost bought an '07 last year but my crazy yeller lab busted his front leg to the tune of 6K. I couldn't see having a three legged dog and a second bike. He was only a year old or so and many days on the trail ahead...so here I am now making the calls and gearing up.

Anyway, matt black or gloss? I spoke to a sales guy from an online sight who made the fastest call in the world to planet Givi and said I should go gloss or get lost. I can get the matt with the brake light installed and free shipping for quite a bit less, thus my indecision.

Thoughts anyone? Guess or experience?

Tnx in advance. You guys have been great already I can tell you straight up.

tnx

rp

V46 LEDs are also available here.

The matte black looks fine on the 08, IMHO.

DSC00004-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a three-legged dog. Anybody who'd spend 6K on a dog's leg, naturally needs advice. Therefore, being a qualified expert, I can understand your problem:

Go with the gloss. If you find it unsatisfactory, replace it with a flat one.

Just put a gloss 52 on my 08 and it is beautiful. Pretty much matches the hard cases.

Greg

Ripkid,

Sorry but my vote is that the gloss is the only way to go for a finished look. Check my link in the signature line for pics.

WW

I received advice from Duane at Premier Cycle Accessories to go with gloss, as well. He stated there was one on display at a recent show and the gloss almost matched the factory paint so well that it was hard to distinguish the difference.

My order for a V46 is going to be gloss. Also, you should check with them for their new FJR Large Touring Rack. It has been revised and is offered with an accesory kit that will eliminate the need for the GIVI base plate while also giving you an alternative mounting point for a variety of items. I'm going to use ROK straps to secure any loads I place there. Check it out at www.premiercycleaccesories.com. The new version has a cool FJR in the middle of the rack.

Good luck on your choice.

Thanks for the advice! I will be spraying some chain lube in the general direction of the KLR and heading back out in search of a black FJR as soon as breakfast is gone from my plate.

rp

New gloss black Givi is on and it looks awesome. The contrast between gloss and the matt areas matches the side bags almost completely. Now I just have to figure a better way to wire the addmore lights. I like the Fred way better...

tnx

I received advice from Duane at Premier Cycle Accessories to go with gloss, as well. He stated there was one on display at a recent show and the gloss almost matched the factory paint so well that it was hard to distinguish the difference.
My order for a V46 is going to be gloss. Also, you should check with them for their new FJR Large Touring Rack. It has been revised and is offered with an accesory kit that will eliminate the need for the GIVI base plate while also giving you an alternative mounting point for a variety of items. I'm going to use ROK straps to secure any loads I place there. Check it out at www.premiercycleaccesories.com. The new version has a cool FJR in the middle of the rack.

Good luck on your choice.
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Sorry for the post hijack but I just got an 08 and getting ready to order a givi 52

and was wondering if the rack-mount kit is the same for the 06 model?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: