Givi V56 sidelight removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baba

Reaction score
I am trying to install the Givi E160 lighting kit in the Givi V56 topcase. I am unable to remove the sidelights from the case. I have taken out the 2 screws that hold the sidelight on but am unable to get the sidelight loose. Any suggestions appreciated. I have also contacted Twisted Throttle and Givi and am waiting for a response.

JB

which part? the little grey part or the red part?
To install the light, you have to remove the front part ( around the lock), then you have to remove the two red clear part. it's one little screw at the rear in the top case and one on under. after, to remove it, you pull the largest part, and when it's disengaged, you can pull toward the center.

the grey reflector is here.

I hope it's hunderstanable. (not sure) good luke

Last edited by a moderator:
gapiob, Thanks for the info. Is there a hook on the red part that engages the case lid? Or is it just indented under the edges?

JB

I know on my e55, it had two screws to remove from each lens.

One under the center "GIVI" badged plate for each lens and one on the inside of the lid at the very end of the lens.

I found the third screw into the lens. Removed it and the lens falls off. Thanks for the help.

Apparently fairly blind *,

JB

* That's not a problem for riding MC's is it?