Givi Vs Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
Will the Givi top box let the passanger lean back more than the Yamaha top box if so i may sell my 2005 top box and go to a Givi.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll both let the pillion lean back more if you remove the back rest,,,, and "yes" you can.

back rest isn't really needed if the pillion has back armor in their jacket.

I recently installed a Givi E52 box on my '07. I used to own an '05 with the Yam Box. The E52 Box definitely allows the passenger to lean back, where the Yam box didn't. But I won't recommend ordering the Givi Backrest or your passenger will be sitting nearing straight up (and the backrest pad isn't very comfortable).

I'm currently searching around for a thinner backrest pad for my E52 box, to provide a bit more comfortable for my passenger, yet still maintain the nice 'lean angle'.

Just put a givi 52 with a givi backrest on my 07 and it works great no forward lean and is comfortable to pillion. Just put on 200+ miles with pillion in the Black Hills in one afternoon no complaints from her.