Givi Windscreen review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radical

Reaction score
I purchased the Givi Windscreen for my 06 and thought I'd post a review. Coming out of the box is a screen a few inches bigger than stock. It is very high quality with a little roll, hardly noticeable at the top. It mounts without a problem and is extremely sturdy. The extra couple of inches were nice on a day like today with temps in the 40s. It gave great protection and the sound seems quieter than the stock. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality and function of this screen and it's a steal for about 100 bucks. Got mine from University Motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used one for years on two FJR's, and it's my personal choice for a "do-it-all" windscreen. Having said that, like with seats, helmets, etc., you're just going to have to find what works for you.

Picture003.jpg

Any chance you could post some pictures?
Pics of an 06 would be helpful ;) as the screens are a tad different.

I'm not particularly pleased with the Cal-Sci that I bought. It creates some pretty bad buffeting for me.

Any chance you could post some pictures?
Pics of an 06 would be helpful ;) as the screens are a tad different.

I'm not particularly pleased with the Cal-Sci that I bought. It creates some pretty bad buffeting for me.
Renegade, see the picture in my garage. The givi is 2" taller than stock screen, I' m 5'9" works very well for me.