Givi windshield - The best hieght?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegscraper

Mr. Photog
Reaction score
Edited: I meant Cee Bailey Windshield. Thanks knifemaker for alerting me of my typo.

I've read through some the discussions on this and I am undecided still. I have the '07 Feej and the wife, myself included, get buffeted majorly. She refuses to ride again until a taller shield is installed. I had a 4" taller Cee Bailey on the '03 (the bike will be for sale soon) that worked fine. I'm about to order a 4" taller, 2" wider Cee Bailey with a top flip. Would this be a good match for a 6 footer? Anybody know of any reasonable sites out there to order from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not know about the GIVI screen, but I put on a Cee Baily +4+4 and the both of us are very happy with it. As you are a 6 footer, I'd go for the flip...

KM

I've added the +4, +3 w/flip and am happy with it. For a six footer, you'll have to run it about 1/3 to 1/2 up to get out of the air and find the quiet spot.

--G

Don't know about that, but I LOVE my Cal Sci windshield. I'm five nine and medium or so worked for me. Ordered Tall but could never see over it. Anyway, the owner cut it back down to my specs. His suggestion: Run it about one third up and mark a spot forty five feet in front of the bike. You should see that over the top of the windshield. More details on his website at California Scientific on how to size a windshield. You could use that info to size your Cee bailey.

Dutch

Thank you for the advice. I just ordered from Cee Baileys, the reverse flip (same as top flip?) 4"T, 3"W, clear.