Gloss black Givi e52 on a 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serhan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a glossy black givi e52 on a 2008?

If you have seen one, does the color match? I see the 2008 bike have the metallic black paint on it, and I am not sure if the flat black top case would match nicely..

Thanks again.

Serhan.

Matches fine.

IMG_1765.jpg

If you have never seen the Coocase it is worth a look. I am going to get the S48 Astra. They have Luxury, classic and Basic. I am going to get the Luxury. I like them better than the Givi.

If you have never seen the Coocase it is worth a look. I am going to get the S48 Astra. They have Luxury, classic and Basic. I am going to get the Luxury. I like them better than the Givi.

Nice looking top case. Let us know the pricing as their website seems to be lacking that feature.

NG, thanks for posting up that pic. Was wondering what it would look like with th 52.

How is riding solo and with a pillion rider????

Coocase, click link. $269

Those LED lights look tiny and worthless, and the keyfob is neat, but, the less mass swinging out of the ignition the better.

I bought the E52 for 2 things, the space, and the Admore LED kit.

IMG_1769.jpg

Mojave, if you're asking me, the answer is fine. Wife has armor in her jacket, which acts as a backrest. She doesn't do the long distance stuff, but she seems to like it just fine. I mean, it's no Wing, LT or Victory -- but that big ass topcase give alot of rearward support. In fact, I don't get slapped nearly as much with that case behind her.

I love the look of your Givi but these are also some pretty cool features and the inside of these cases look great.

Why choose Coocase? Inside and out, no other topcase compares! The S48 Astra luxury edition offers an integrated alarm, LED brakelights and remote control. Available in matte black, gloss silver or gloss black.

Not satisfied with the look of your Coocase Topcase? Both replacement lenses and lid panels are available for purchase! Lenses are available in clear, smoke gray and red. Lid panels are available in matte black, gloss black, gloss silver and ready-to-paint primer gray. With color matched paints from ColorRite, having a case that matches your bike has never been easier!

Coocase color option 148A is equivalent to Givi color option N902, 148AM is the same as N, and 1647 is the same as G730.

Capacity: 48 liters (2 extra-large full face helmets!)

Dimensions: 22.7"l x 17.3"w x 12.3"h

Features:

Remote control keyless entry with 50-meter (164 feet) operating range.

Remote control system locks and unlocks topcase, as well as arms and disarms the alarm.

Integrated audible security alarm with motion sensor.

Topcase locks automatically 15 seconds after it's unlocked.

Locking lid stays that won't let the lid fall closed accidentally when loading.

Waterproof seals.

Three year warranty.

Integrated brake light.

Flashing LED security light indicates that your alarm is armed.

Hidden carry handle.

Two keys (one of the two keys is built into the keyless entry remote control)

Nitrogen-injected top and bottom lids are 30% lighter than conventional plastic lids while being just as strong.

Included universal mounting plate is compatible with all flat rear luggage racks, including all rear racks from SW-MOTECH, Krauser and Five-Stars, as well as many original rear racks.

The fit on ALL Five-Stars rear racks is perfect.

Use of alarm and keyless entry requires that the case's wire harness be connected to your motorcycle battery.

The Coocase topcase draws 110mA when the alarm is sounding, and 16mA when the case is charging. The alarm sounds for 1 hour before it silences itself.

Most motorcycles and scooters have batteries with a capacity between 7 and 20 amp/hours. Suppose you have a small, undercharged battery with a 7 amp/hour capacity. If the alarm goes off for 1 hour (110mA) and then turns off and charges the topcase (16mA), the battery will last approximately 430 hours (18 days) before completely discharging. As long as you're riding your bike a couple hours of week, you will have no issues with the Coocase draining the battery. If your battery is larger, you'll be able to go longer without riding it (but who would want to do that?).

You can always remove the topcase to prevent this problem if you park the bike for multiple weeks on end. However, we recommend putting the bike on a trickle charger.

Good luck with it. All I see are potential problems that either lock me out of my topcase (auto lock? bad, bad bad), kill my battery, or otherwise break down. Everything else that matters, Givi has it.

I will say a locking lid that doesn't fall is the common sense thing Givi forgot. The backs of my hands damn them to hell for that.

Also,the Universal Mounting Plate means your bolting it to the Yamaha rack. No thanks. My Givi FJR-specific rack is strong as hell, where I don't think the Yamaha one would stand up to the abuse (overloading topcase + extremely high speeds = nary a problem from 2 Givi boxes on 2 bikes).

Be sure to post pics of yours when you get it. I'm especially interested in the lighting package.

Those LED lights look tiny and worthless, and the keyfob is neat, but, the less mass swinging out of the ignition the better.

IMG_1769.jpg

Mojave, if you're asking me, the answer is fine. Wife has armor in her jacket, which acts as a backrest. She doesn't do the long distance stuff, but she seems to like it just fine. I mean, it's no Wing, LT or Victory -- but that big ass topcase give alot of rearward support. In fact, I don't get slapped nearly as much with that case behind her.

Not to hijack this thread but I have this very same setup out here in SoCal and the double sided tape keeps coming off on the light strips. Do you have this problem? If so have you been able to solve it short of using glue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also,the Universal Mounting Plate means your bolting it to the Yamaha rack. No thanks. My Givi FJR-specific rack is strong as hell, where I don't think the Yamaha one would stand up to the abuse (overloading topcase + extremely high speeds = nary a problem from 2 Givi boxes on 2 bikes).
Be sure to post pics of yours when you get it. I'm especially interested in the lighting package.
Just bought a Givi 52 for my 2007, so have been following this thread and wanted to add something that I noticed. The Yamaha topcase is really short and I never thought about why when I had a 2004 with one. They also make the plastic mounting plate sit up a hair from the tail end of the metal tailpiece that is part of the stock bike.

In trying to come up with my own mount for the Givi (meaning that I'm really cheap), what I noticed when I had the rear seat off was that the aft of the 3 mounting screws goes into a cantilever extension from the rear sub-frame of the bike. That means that you better more-or-less balance a load like the Yamaha case does, or come up with a new way to mount the case, which is what Givi did. Maybe it'll work fine, but the Coocase mounting plate is a "universal" item that looks to distribute the load across the length of the colored Yamaha tailpiece. Let us know how yours works out.

Not to hijack this thread but I have this very same setup out here in SoCal and the double sided tape keeps coming off on the light strips. Do you have this problem? If so have you been able to solve it short of using glue?
Go find some decent double sided tape (Duck brand, others are fine). Cut a strip thats as big as the LED backer strip, and attach with that. The little squares they send are a joke. My engineering spidey sense told me that wouldn't cut it, and I was right. I've seen 3 other bikes with the AdMore kit on E52's with the wraparounds falling down.

IMG_1769.jpg

Thanks for the pillion answer. WE don't do more than 400 miles on the bike as of yet. Don't think either of us could/would take it. GF loves the backrest that I have now. Even told me, "if she leaves me, she is taking it with her". Nice, real nice. Anywho, thanks for the info.

Stupid question but i have to ask,

How does the givi attach to the bike? Do i have to buy two adapters? one aluminum that goes over the fjr rear, and one that clamps to the case and bolted to the aluminum plate?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

S.

Stupid question but i have to ask,
How does the givi attach to the bike? Do i have to buy two adapters? one aluminum that goes over the fjr rear, and one that clamps to the case and bolted to the aluminum plate?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

S.
Not stupid at all...

FJR-SR357a.jpg

Look about half-way down the following page for the "related files" clicky and it has the mounting instructions. GiviSR 357 rack for FJR There's a welded steel tubular mounting rack and a plastic base that goes on top of that. The steel rack is about $135 spreads the load and for my daily overload is one reason I went with the Givi.

btw - I have an extra brand-new M5 plastic mounting plate in the garage that I'll sell for $20 & postage.

Bob

Latest posts