Gloss finish Carbon Alternator Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I am after a Black Carbon Weave Gloss Alternator cover. I have spoken to Phil at GCC (here in OZ) and he has not tooled up for them as yet because he needs a minimum of 5 takers before he can break even on the items. I would be happy if someone can either sell me there's or put me onto anyone who has them. I had a look in the search and a found a few things and also went to bike Johnny but his price is about $200 Bucks before it even gets here!

Any ideas welcome or maybe a little GB might be the go?

Interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

Bike Johnny's been doing them for years. Recently (past year or so) they went to the glossy finish.

CF costs money. I've been running the pre-glozzy BJ version for about 2+ years. My future SIL has one for his Daytona 600. We're both satisfied customers.

And to be honest, $200 in OZ money is about half that in real money. Which is still an improvement over Canadian money. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you hadn't noticed the dollar is worth 90 cents + (US) right now. Some analysts are projecting parity by the Fall... The recent change of government here, as well as the sliding American dollar against most currencies are cited as some reasons.

John.