Glove box removal.......................

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donal

Reaction score
I have seen several topics on the Forum about disconnecting the latch, removing the power outlet etc. Has anyone ever removed the glove box entirely? Any tricks or tips?

I am getting ready to install a Rostra Cruise Control and think the space currently occupied by the glove box would be ideal for several reasons.

Thanks

Don

Tricks? I don't think so.... Just take it easy and watch for different screws. Might be easier if you remove the middle way screws on the side of the fairing that way you can pull on the plastics as you loosen the glove box.

I am thinking of puting my fusebox in the glove box.

The OP may not realize that the color-matched lid is actually part of the glove box assembly. Or perhaps he does realize that and is willing to cut it off and glue it down for cosmetics???

I agree that's prime space and I must admit to having considered the same action. But IMO that's like considering sex through beer goggles, really, really THICK beer goggles. A couple days later you'll be much happier if you didn't follow through.

If the electronics will fit inside the glove box, remove the cigarette lighter socket and use that opening to pass cables. I've done several Starcom installations that way. Plus the cig lighter circuit itself is very useful for powering low-current electronics. You can order matching connectors from EasternBeaver.com.

If you remove the glove box and use that space, remember that tons of rain and dirt gets into that area. It's not nearly as protected from the bottom side as it appears from the top.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will start by pulling the side panel and possibly the front cowling and have a good look in there. If it looks feasible I will go ahead. I was hoping to remove the bottom section of the glove box and leave the top cover in place.

If it works I will post some pics, if not.................... :rolleyes:

Don