Glove Help Required!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikerbabe

Reaction score
Need your help guys! :clapping:

My summer bike gloves have split and I need to replace them, however I only have small hands (tiny person......5'1") and most gloves that I try have fairly long fingers to them. :(

A long shot I know, but does anyone know of a make of bike glove that has a short finger length?

Thanks in advance :)

I can relate, but I'm afraid I can't really help, everytime I go looking for gloves I run into this issue & what I usually end up w/ is a compromize [sp]. I've actually got large mitts but stubby digits, and the bigger the gloves get the longer the fingers get! Just now, I'm wearing a pair of Dianese that are a pretty decent fit, ...good luck in your search!

I always get 2 or fingers that fit the glove finger, and then a couple of glove fingers that remain floppy at the end. Next size down won't go over the meaty part of my hand.

Maybe that's why cruiser guys cut the ends off. (Actually, it makes pop-tops easier to operate.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost all sites that sell gloves have you size the gloves just like they do at New Enough where they only measure around the palm of the hand:

glove_measurement.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]Picture borrowed from New Enough[/SIZE]

Actual Hand

Measurement.....Alpha Glove Size

6.5”-7.5”..............Small

7.5”-8.5”..............Medium

8.5”-9.5”..............Large

9.5”-10.5”............XL

10.5”-11”.............XXL

I'm pretty sure that if you find a glove that interests you, you could call or email the vendor and they should be able to help you with the finger measurements.

Now, what I’m really interested in is if you are the driver of an FJR. If you are 5'1” and the driver – how you do that? There are other inseam challenged riders who are around 5'4” that are unable to manage the height and weight of Feejer.

My wife is small with small hands. She likes Joe Rocket gloves. I'm not sure about the finger length, though. She always wears a little length on her nails.

For summer gloves I been wearing golf gloves. (Yes they only sell them for one hand at a time, but you buy a left and a right)

Before that I wore batters gloves..simular, but they make them in ALOT of sizes ..Adult, youth, child...SO.. finding a pair that fits takes some time at the sporting good store. "Youth" sizes have shorter fingers, so an XL Youth would be simular to an adult Small..but would have shorter fingers..

I realize they may not afford the same protection as a pair of armored "bike gloves", but they are leather and cool for the summer.

KM

I bought som Olympia vented gloves that some of the fingers were way to long. I took them to the local shoe repair guy and he turned them inside out and stiched up the long ones and cut off the excess. Now they fit like they should and I think he only charged 5.00.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions...............been a great help :yahoo: I knew you folks would come up with some answers :D :D

Try on a set of the Lee Parks Deer Tours. I have small hands plus I'm missing a digit on my right hand due to a construction site accident. The Deer Tours are without a doubt the most comfortable gloves I've ever owned. Now if they would just make the right glove with four fingers I'll be all set. :rolleyes:

I tried on more than a dozen pair today looking to get a good palm fit on the bars - My shop didn't have a one that felt right. Probably look around the valley for some tomorrow.

If you ask me, pretty much every brand has short fingers. But then I'm 6' 8". :D

I did get a really nice pair of Harley Davidson perforated Leather gloves for Christmas. They'll be very nice in about 3 pr 4 months.

Brian

I have ENORMOUS hands. I'm perfectly comfortable driving teeny, tiny Japanese cars. Of course, finding room for my big feet is always a problem...

Ladies? Start your conclusions.