Glove Stretching Technique

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Putting my newest pair of Held "Steve" Gloves into service, I noticed a tightness in the index finger that wasn't present on the previous set. Checking the obvious, sizing and what not, decided the finger needed stretching out a bit so while contemplating a cold one, I came up with an idea. Yep, a beer bottle works nicely to help open up the glove finger at the knuckle where I needed it. While at it, I decided to try it on my heated glove that has the same issue.

Procedure:

1. Obtain Ice Cold Great White

2. Empty

3. Shove into appropriate finger

4. Repeat as necessary

Glove1.jpg

TWN version

Glove3.jpg

I can see this one going in the crapper real fast. Some may need the long necks.

CAJW,

That work bench is WAYYY too clean. It's the first time I've even noticed a coaster on a workbench. It just looks so... NEAT.

It almost hurts just to look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I just did the stretch job to my Held Steve II's. But I did it the Cdn way. I bought 12 Canadian, drank two. Then I filled both gloves with water and let them soak for a few minutes. Then I drank two more Canadian. Then I squeezed (not wring!) out the excess water. I worked up a sweat doing this so I drank 2 more Canadian. Then I put the gloves on and, you guessed it, worked up another sweat so I drank 2 more.

I had to celebrate my ingenuity, so I drank 2 more.

Then I realized I had to take a wicked whiz, but I had my gloves on. Ever put on or take off wet gloves? Right, another sweat so I downed the last two and recycled 6 beers to the Great Lakes.

By this time I was catching a bit of a buzz so I put the gloves on and laid down on the couch. Next thing I knew it was the next day, the gloves had dried out and fit me PERFECTLY.

Molson Canadian is a wonderful thing.

Perhaps you could elaborate on step 2? I presume some practice and warm up might be required for this step, correct?

CAJW,

That work bench is WAYYY too clean. It's the first time I've even noticed a coaster on a workbench. It just looks so... NEAT.

It almost hurts just to look at it.
Actually I noticed some crap on the bench... anal retentive I guess...

Funny, I just did the stretch job to my Held Steve II's. But I did it the Cdn way. I bought 12 Canadian, drank two. Then I filled both gloves with water and let them soak for a few minutes. Then I drank two more Canadian. Then I squeezed (not wring!) out the excess water. I worked up a sweat doing this so I drank 2 more Canadian. Then I put the gloves on and, you guessed it, worked up another sweat so I drank 2 more.

I had to celebrate my ingenuity, so I drank 2 more.

Then I realized I had to take a wicked whiz, but I had my gloves on. Ever put on or take off wet gloves? Right, another sweat so I downed the last two and recycled 6 beers to the Great Lakes.

By this time I was catching a bit of a buzz so I put the gloves on and laid down on the couch. Next thing I knew it was the next day, the gloves had dried out and fit me PERFECTLY.

Molson Canadian is a wonderful thing.
Mine are the original Steve gloves, guess the II version takes more beer to stretch. BTW, I would think it would work better with a 12 pack of Blues, but guess that's a West coast Canadian thing. :p

I need to stretch the web between the thumb and forefinger. I'm getting cramps in my hands, and after gripping the throttle all day, I can't let go. Any suggestions?

I need to stretch the web between the thumb and forefinger. I'm getting cramps in my hands, and after gripping the throttle all day, I can't let go. Any suggestions?
"Gripping the throttle" all day will lead to more than just hand numbness. You'll probably have blisters on your "handlebar".

"Gripping the throttle" all day will lead to more than just hand numbness. You'll probably have blisters on your "handlebar".
...or calluses.

Jus' sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator: