Gloves - Orina 118

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I got a pair of Orina 118 gloves this year for Christmas and I like them for cold weather riding.

Normally when I rdie more than thirty minutes in 40 degrees F or below my hands get cold. Sometimes painfully cold. I have the V-Strom hand guards and they help a lot, but my fingertips still get cold. I've tried ski gloves and winter weight motorcycle gloves but, until now, I still got cold fingers.

Today I rode to work wearing the Orina 118s. It was 32 degrees and sunny. My commute is about 60 miles and takes me about 75 to 90 minutes. When I arrived my hands, including my fingers, were cozy. I recommend these gloves for cold weather.

On the other hand, they are probably too warm for normal riding weather. My hands do perspire a little on warmer days and the inside of the gloves don't dry very quickly. The liners are only attached at the cuff so it gets bunched up inside if you are not careful pulling your hands out. And, the larger part of the glove is made of nylon which doesn't look like it will hold up very well in a slide.

Overall I am glad I have them and I recommend them for riding during cold weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer...seeing as where you are from....wouldn't it then be considered cool weather riding as opposed ( to those in the south) cold weather riding? :lol: .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer...seeing as where you are from....wouldn't it then be considered cool weather riding as opposed ( to those in the south) cold weather riding? :lol: .....
:lol: :lol: You are right. Mike. However, I don't normally ride when it drops below freezing. Too many places where water runs across the road around here. Besides, I'm cheering for global warming so I can have ocean front property. :eek:

I did a similar test of the Icon Patrol gloves today. I picked 'em up from the closeout section of Dennis Kirk because they're on sale for $20 there. Google search showed positive reviews from when they were introduced a couple years back.

32 degrees. 45 miles and just short of an hour. V-Strom handguards. Fingertips still cold. You win. ;)

Doesn't pay to be overly frugal...