Going from the V Stream to the Rifle windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seventyss

Reaction score
Still looking to improve looks and air management on the FJR. The V Stream is the best I've tried, but I don't like the look when the shields fully extended. I also like a wider shield. My questions is for those who made the change from the V Stream to the Rifle.

1) what was the reason to take off the V Stream?

2) did the Rifle make enough difference to justify spending $224?

3) what were the improvements that you noticed with the Rifle?

4) It sounds like the Gen II can't use the "tuning block" and now have an "angle optimizer", if this is so how do you like the optimizer?

1. Too much noise and buffeting with the V-Stream (and the Cee Bailey I tried).

2. Yes. How much is too much for rider comfort, especially when I'm doing 10-20k miles per year.

3. Much less noise and buffeting.

4. Never really thought about it, just figured it was required to make the shield work as it's supposed to.

My bike came with a Cee Bailey's +4 with no-flip and tried a v-stream in the past but wasn't really satisfied wit them. The Cee Bailey isn't much better than stock. The v-stream stopped a lot of the buffeting but was still a little too short and I still had noise.

With the Rifle +5 it is much better. No buffeting at all and it is quiet with the windshield all the way up. The 'angle optimizer' is a fixed block that raises the whole shield up away from the fairing an inch or two. It is not optional. It makes the windshield look a little odd sometimes. And it does let a little rain come in under the windshield.