Good deal on Gen I Fork Brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
I just spoke with Murph https://www.murphskits.com/catalog/ regarding a bolt for my LH mirror mount and he mentioned that he had 7 units left of the following:

Gen I Non-Abs Fork Brace Originally sold for $128, now selling for $50 alone or $75 with tube protectors. Call Murph for more info at 270-322-8097. No other details, never met the man, but sounds like a good old boy on the phone.

If you want a vendor report, I'll vouch for Murph. In fact, I think I already have in the vendor comments section. I picked up several things from him back in my Connie days. He started out putting together replacement fairing screw kits for COG members, eventually turned it into a business. It's pretty much a one man show, but customer service is his highest priority and it shows, from personal service to his policy of always having shipping costs included with his advertised prices. Wouldn't it be sweet if everyone did that?

He's actually a member here, but I don't think he comes around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be blind. There are only three items for FJR's, none is a fork brace. I saw three fork braces, for a V-Strom, a Connie, and a ZRX1200.

I must be blind. There are only three items for FJR's, none is a fork brace. I saw three fork braces, for a V-Strom, a Connie, and a ZRX1200.
I couldn't find them either, but I should have mentioned that the link was only posted to contact him. As I understand it, these fork braces are discontinued and he's blowing them out for less than half of what he originally was selling them for. You'll need to contact him directly for more details.

I had Murph's fork brace on the VStrom. well worth the $130.00 price tag.

Not that I feel the FJR needs a forkbrace like the VStrom did. Very noticable difference in how planted the front end of the VStrom was after the brace, much less dancing on bumps and in bad air (i.e. the wake of an 18 wheeler).

Then again these are not issues to me on the FJR.