Good experience with Mag-Knight company

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZappo

Can we please go riding now ?
Reaction score
A few months ago I decided to go with the Mag Knight magnetic tank bra and received one. I installed it and it worked and looked great.

Unfortunately, a month after installing it, I was rear ended on Lake Shore Drive (Chicago) in a traffic jam and thrown from my bike. During the accident, the tank bra was severely scuffed from some part of me. Still cant figure out what part but maybe my boot or something because it took quite a gash.

The tank under the bra was undamaged so it did its job and sacrificed itself ...

Since the driver (Audi A6) hit BOTH my buddy and I, and we weren't hurt (much) (at least we were playing nice and not overdoing things), the Insurance company was amazingly eager to satisfy us in any way possible. So, getting a new tank bra as part of the deal was not difficult.

My local dealer (Rich's Yamaha near Orland Park, IL) was handling everything so they ordered the tank bra.

Bike was done before the bra arrived so I took the bike to pick up the bra later. Got to go riding !!!

Long story short, I picked up the bra in its box and opened it up at home to realize that it had been effed up in shipping.

I called Mag Knight, explained and offered to ship it back for inspection etc etc etc. The owner simply asked me to take a few pics for the record and then priority shipped me a new one at his expense in time for the weekend ...

Yes, this is what you would expect to be done but good service deserves recognition these days. It was appreciated.

From this incident I learned a few things.

1) Mag Knight tank bras work well and they stand behind their products.

2) Getting rear ended is unpleasant.

3) If your going to get hit on a bike, it is better to get hit by an Audi ...