Good or Bad Deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I need alittle help here. I have found a NEW 07 FJR at my local dealer and they will sell it for $11,627 (they are saying thats their invoice price). I have a 04 Road Star Warrior that I'm trading and I'm about $1000 upside down on. Tax, fees and everything comes out to $13,330. I even got them to throw in a FREE Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet. I asked for the helmet after the final price was negotiated. I'm still alittle hesitant. I know I could buy a used one for much cheaper. I also made an honest attempt to sell my bike. I really can't afford to buy a used FJR and wait until spring/summer to sell the Warrior. What do you guys think about this deal???

If you're happy, we're happy!

Of course, I live in CA and the dealer's wouldn't budge in '03 when I bought my '04 FJR, so it was "full boat" plus fees....if I wanted the bike. And since we must buy CA specific bikes, there was no going "out-of-state" for me. So my take is...if you've gotten the best deal you can and have worked it out...?!?!?!

At some point you have to balance solving your Warrior issue/owning an FJR/financing package. Whatever you do, someone will find a deal that could have saved you $50...0r $150...or...has a friend that knows a friend who might buy your Warrior at your asking price AND can save you $300 on a new FJR.

Bottom line: You'll be smiling so hard once you start riding your FJR the anguish you are feeling will diminish.

If you consider the $1000 neg equity that is a good deal.

My local wants $13,500 otd for an 07 straight up

I bought an 08 here in KY 3 months ago. Here is what I did to get my price. Looked at Cycle Trader and found/called listed motorcycles to find the best out the door price then went to the dealer and negotiated from that price. I got the bike for about 12,800 and that included about 800 in sales tax and 392 for the extended warranty. So that is a number very close to what you are getting and so it looks good.

I need alittle help here. I have found a NEW 07 FJR at my local dealer and they will sell it for $11,627 (they are saying thats their invoice price). I have a 04 Road Star Warrior that I'm trading and I'm about $1000 upside down on. Tax, fees and everything comes out to $13,330. I even got them to throw in a FREE Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet. I asked for the helmet after the final price was negotiated. I'm still alittle hesitant. I know I could buy a used one for much cheaper. I also made an honest attempt to sell my bike. I really can't afford to buy a used FJR and wait until spring/summer to sell the Warrior. What do you guys think about this deal???
Richouse,

Are you upside down in the Road Star because of it's trade in value? What's the Road Star worth if you sell it yourself? Based on my research I think $11,627 otd is a good price for a new 07. I have been monitoring FJR sales on ebay, cycletrader, and craigslist. I have seen a few sell for less but not much less. I too will soon be in the market for an 07 FJR. When I get the money in my hot little hands it will be interesting to see what kind of deal I can get. I think better deals will be available later as we get into winter and after the 08's hit showroom floors. I too would be tempted to just do the trade and get what you want now. To wait or not to wait? That is the question. Good luck.

Well another dealer called me today a few hours before I went to get the NEW 07. He said he still had the used 07 I looked at about a month ago and they had dropped the price $1000. So I bought the used 07 with just 7000mi. for $9999. After everything was said and done it was almost 2 grand cheaper. I'm happy with my final deal... Thanks Guys..

Well another dealer called me today a few hours before I went to get the NEW 07. He said he still had the used 07 I looked at about a month ago and they had dropped the price $1000. So I bought the used 07 with just 7000mi. for $9999. After everything was said and done it was almost 2 grand cheaper. I'm happy with my final deal... Thanks Guys..
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Good job!

I'm happy with my final deal... Thanks Guys..

If you're happy, we're happy!
Bottom line: You'll be smiling so hard once you start riding your FJR the anguish you are feeling will diminish.
:clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

Like I already said.....

Welcome to the world of FJR ownership. By the way...the ache in your cheeks from smiling inside your helmet.....that's NORMAL! :lol:

RicHouse - You've done everything right. Congratulations; asked a fair and honest question, made a decision, acted, and let all us in Ethernet land know about it.

You are IN my friend - Congrats and enjoy that new ride. :rolleyes: