Good place to buy a t.p.s.?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drc32-0

Reaction score
My '04 won't start and I'm getting a code of 16 which indicates that it might be the throttle position senser.I took some ohm readings and I have an open between blue and blue/blk.When I read between center (yellow ?) and bl/blk as I turn the throttle the reading starts at about 650 ohms but goes to open circuit at about 3/4 throttle.I'm thinking bad tps?Does this sound right?

Next question...I called two local dealers and was quoted $179.00...is there a better (cheaper) place to get a tps?

Isn't there a recall on that...I received a letter from Yamaha concerning my '04 that there's a recall

Make the dealer(s) run your VIN number and check...you might be good to go with it covered

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

As is the case for ANY part, and as has been said a BILLION TIMES BEFORE.............

Contact Gary McCoy at Mondak Motorsports for the best pricing and excellent customer service.

BTW, many folks have seen the occasional code 16 when there is something else wrong and the FJR won't start.

As is the case for ANY part, and as has been said a BILLION TIMES BEFORE.............
Hey, lighten up on the newbies. They're just asking questions. Why don't you just answer the question without the attitude. You were a newbie before!

And those FAQs that were built are a PITA to read. It's way easier to just ask for the billion and first time. ;)

Thank you Ignacio. Coming from an administrator it sounds good.

I have a selfish interest in this obviously, as my name suggests!! :rolleyes: