Good place to get a Shoei X-11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Dumke

Reaction score
It seems like both Shoei and Arai are trying their hardest to defend their pricing power. Arai will no longer sell through distrubutors that do any mail order. Like Chaparrel, and Shoei doesn't allow advertising anything but the suggested list price. My guess is that these Japanese helmet manufacturers are loosing big time to all the other cheaper helmet manufacturers. But this is also makes it difficult to find one cheap.

There are some resellers on E-bay that allow "Make an offer" and I have receieved back a $442 counter offer price for a solid metallic (retail $530).

Can I do better? Does anybody else here have a good source?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a small white X-11 that I might part with.

It's my wife's, and well, it's the wrong color, it messes up her hair, it clashes with her 'stitch, it makes her butt look big, it doesn't match her shoes, it's too tight, etc.........................

I might throw in the pillion seat for free!

I have a small white X-11 that I might part with.
It's my wife's, and well, it's the wrong color, it messes up her hair, it clashes with her 'stitch, it makes her butt look big, it doesn't match her shoes, it's too tight, etc.........................

I might throw in the pillion seat for free!
Sounds kind of "high maintenance". :unsure:

Thanks for the offer. I am looking for a large. I really don't care about the color (just not black), solids are cheaper. And it might look a little weird with the full on radical "racer" paint job. I have tried on this helmet. Very comfortable, fits the head well and I hear it is quiet. Always had Shoei's.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Honda dealer sold me an Anthracite Metallic X-11 for $400 in November '06. I have bought parts and acessories from them and they were willing to 'lose' money on the deal rather than lose a customer. If you have a similar relationship with a local dealer, give them a call.

You can do better, I gave $360 for my Noric X-11 a year or so ago. Tried it on somewhere, then got it off a vendor that also dumps stuff on ebay because the place where I tried it on was full retail only.

I don't mind someone making a buck, but I'll take $360 over $600 any day.

It seems like both Shoei and Arai are trying their hardest to defend their pricing power. Arai will no longer sell through distrubutors that do any mail order. Like Chaparrel, and Shoei doesn't allow advertising anything but the suggested list price. My guess is that these Japanese helmet manufacturers are loosing big time to all the other cheaper helmet manufacturers. But this is also makes it difficult to find one cheap.
There are some resellers on E-bay that allow "Make an offer" and I have receieved back a $442 counter offer price for a solid metallic (retail $530).

Can I do better? Does anybody else here have a good source?
I bought my Suomy from https://www.helmetharbor.com . They are about $530 for the Shoei you are looking for. So, it isn't that great of a deal. However, they are outside of CA, AZ to be exact. They are pretty good to deal with too.

Rick

Happened across mine on E-Bay. Good seller, and a great deal. NEW in the box with a ll the papers for $315 delivered. Even the color I wanted!

Last fall University Motors gave my wife a great deal on an X-11 Vermeulen for 510 shipped. Found it for that on ebay but I trust Gary McCoy more than anyone on ebay.