Good price on NGK Iridium plugs(?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scmagna

Reaction score
No affiliation - just tripped across them during a google search:

https://www.atlantacycle.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1532

Seems like a good price to me. They are shut down until after New Year's. I have no experience with them, but I get a security warning when I try to go to the "checkout" page on their website. I am going to call them next week to see what the scoop is.

Kurt

No affiliation - just tripped across them during a google search:
https://www.atlantacycle.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1532

Seems like a good price to me. They are shut down until after New Year's. I have no experience with them, but I get a security warning when I try to go to the "checkout" page on their website. I am going to call them next week to see what the scoop is.

Kurt
$7.32 each before shipping here... I just bought 4

https://www.sparkplugs.com/results_appOther...7198&mfid=1

Richard

That's a pretty good price, Richard.

I've used Sparkplugs.com in the past... good prices, fast delivery, no complaints.

You might want to just check with your local Advanced/Auto-Zone first.

I got mine from Advanced a few months back for IIRC $6.72 each. They did not have them in stock, but they had them to the local store from the distributor the next day.

You would have to pay sales tax, but you would have them quickly and not have to worry about an I-store.

That's a pretty good price, Richard.
I've used Sparkplugs.com in the past... good prices, fast delivery, no complaints.
Here in Ontario Canada @ Yamaha dealers... CR9EK for the FZ6 are about $17.00 each. I can just imagine what iridiums would be worth. So, yeah they're a great price. :)

I went and got the receipt out of the garage for the NGK CR8EIX Iridiums. I got them at Advanced Auto Parts, Item #4218 and the price was $6.98 each

Atlanta Cycle used to be located about a mile from my house and I knew the owner Scott. He went through a divorce and sold the company to a guy in Alabama. I haven't had any dealings with the new guy so I can't comment on his service.

Like adaniel mentioned, Advanced Auto Parts is the way to go for NGK's! Low price and they usually have them in stock or can have them next day.

JW

Yep, I wound up doing the Advance Auto Parts thing myself. On order for $6.98 + tax. Thanks, guys.

Kurt

Just checked the sparkplugs.com site for Ir NGK plugs for an '06 but can't see it listed, only 2003-2005. Does anyone know if the plugs are different b/w Gen I & Gen II?

Thanks.

Just checked the sparkplugs.com site for Ir NGK plugs for an '06 but can't see it listed, only 2003-2005. Does anyone know if the plugs are different b/w Gen I & Gen II?Thanks.
Bin-O-Facts list this as the correct plug. Got the last three in Tallahassee this morn. Have to wait till Fri. for the fourth. $6.98 plus tax (7%).

Went to Autozone yesterday. NGK CR8EIX not in stock, and they 'can't order them'. :(

No Advance Auto in Arizona either. Looks like sparkplugs.com for me.

Went to Autozone yesterday. NGK CR8EIX not in stock, and they 'can't order them'. :(
No Advance Auto in Arizona either. Looks like sparkplugs.com for me.
That's what they told me (Auto Zone) when I went there this weekend. Very strange that something so more-or-less generic should be so hard to get. Sparkplugs.com it is.

Sparkplugs.com group buy? LOL (Can't possibly save enough money to make it worth it.)

Rancho

EDIT

OK, so I spoke too soon. They have a spot on the order form for a coupon code and the SVT Forums have regular references to 10% iridium plug coupon code discounts. They also have a link to wholesale discounts for purchases of 100 or more plugs. I shot them a note and we'll see what they come back to me with. I'll post the results here.

Also, regarding a thread seen elsewhere on whether or not to gap iridium plugs, sparkplugs.com has this:

Should I gap my Iridium Plugs?

The manufacturers say NO.

This is because most people do not know how to properly gap a spark plug, and the center electrodes on the ultra-fine iridium can easily snap if mishandled. There is no warranty for snapped center electrodes. The manufacturers say an iridium spark plug will run so much better than a traditional plug, even if it is not gapped for that motor, that they would prefer you just leave it rather than risk snapping the center electrode.

Personally, we at Sparkplugs.com, gap our iridium plugs for our own vehicles (we’re rebels). If you insist on gapping your iridium plug, please refer to Proper Gapping for instruction.
If one opts to rebel and gap an iridium, do you gap it to the factory FJR1300 spec?

Rancho

Last edited by a moderator: