Got me a FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manowell

Reaction score
Picked up my '06 AE yesterday, about to go put a few miles on it.

First two questions:

1) Is it supposed to come with an owner's manual? Didn't notice until I got home that it didn't. It came with a "mounting side bags" booklet that fooled me until I looked closer. I DID get the third case lock, covers for the bag mounts, etc., without even asking. Dealer seemed pretty clued in. Very Happy

2) In the case with the bag liners was a approx. 1.25" x 10" piece of clear plastic with 3M adhesive backing. (pictured below, if I figured the tags out correctly.) Anybody know what its for, or was it even a part of my bike? Thanks!

CIMG3986_resize.jpg

1. You definitely have a manual coming. Comes in handly when making suspension adjustments.

2. No clue on the plastic. It is not a paint protector for the bag mount holes.

That's the only 3M plastic I am aware of.

The notch looks about the size of the notch in the plastic below the radiator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new acquisition.

Look under the front seat for the manual - that's where mine was with the extra lock - they DID give you the third lock that would be used for your top case?

That plastic IS part of the paint protection for the bags. You'll see it in the bag installation instructions - part 'A' on page 4.

Check the backs of the bag locks to make sure that they used blue Loctite on the screws, otherwise you may wind up picking your bags off the road when they fall off.

Last edited by a moderator: