Got my Corbin seat today...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chornbe

Reaction score
I drove the car to work today because I had a bunch of packages to take to the post office, and got a call this morning that my Corbin seat was in (I ordered it thru' my dealer - no shipping and a 10% discount!!!). went and picked it up. I'll put it on this evening and take an inaugural ride with it, and report back. I'll have a more thorough report after the weekend while I'm riding down to the DelMarVa bike week rallye!

(jazzed - can't wait to try it out)

Hope you like the new seat. I just had a Butt Buffer polymer insert installation job performed on the front and rear seat of my 05 ABS.

Will test it out this weekend as I ride down to Bonne Terre MO for Smitty to install the Audiovox CC. Had some Motolights fork slider items put on last week, so I should be good to go until I have the Wilbers shock put on this winter just in time for next year

Cheers.

Well, got the seat on. Didn't wire up the electrics yet (I ordered the heated seats) and took it for a quick ride (raining its ASS off out there). The seat is lower, but wider, so I didn't really gain any footing. That's cool though. The seat is firm. Some would say "hard", but I like it so far. I'll be doing several hundred miles this weekend, so the test will come then.

In the next couple of weeks I'll install the relay and power buses I ordered, then wire in the heated seats. By then I should have my prototype farkle done and ready to bolt on for real-world testing (pics and write up on that when it's time).

It's a Givi E45. I use it on this bike and on my cruiser.

chornbe, where's the pic's. I want to see it.
Damn! You people want everything!! ;)

https://chornbe.com/motorcycles/fjr/corbin/
I know, I know, just never enough. The seat does look great but now I have a question :p . I'm assuming that this seat is not adjustable. I have my stock seat set on the low position. How would you compare the Corbin? Is it closer to the low setting or the high? BTW you were a big asset on the Shadow forum. Glad to see you here. :clapping:

I know, I know, just never enough. The seat does look great but now I have a question :p . I'm assuming that this seat is not adjustable. I have my stock seat set on the low position. How would you compare the Corbin? Is it closer to the low setting or the high? BTW you were a big asset on the Shadow forum. Glad to see you here. :clapping:
Thank you! :)

The ass pocket on the Corbin actually has you a little lower than stock on the lowest setting, but the front of the seat is wider so you basically break even.

I just did a several-hundred-mile, 2 day ride this weekend and never thought about my butt. So I count that as a real success for the corbin seat :thumbsupsmiley: