Got my Heli riser installed today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
I had bought the top clamp plus the 3/4" blocks on the recent group buy but I hadn't been brave enough to tackle it until today. I thought I had all the tools needed but first thing I didn't have the 2.5mm socket head wrench to take off the little plates on the handlebars. Living out in the country like I do, it was ~30 mile round trip to Sears and had to buy a whole set, but so it goes.

I took my time, followed/checked off the steps and it wasn't so bad. Position looks alot better with the blocks and got everything routed right. Didn't get a chance to ride it, but did start the bike up and went full left and right and everything seemed to work as it should.

Also mounted my new tankbag mounted on the fuel filler from twistedthrottle.

Next up: CCS100. I searched, copy'n'pasted to word documents something like 7 different install reports, so am gonna go through all that and form a gameplan and "clear my schedule" for at least a full day to do it.

Damn I love farkles!

Congrats on the bar risers. Good luck with the AVCC install. Take you time. The success in the preparation. I did mine over about a fice day period - worked on it after work for about a week.

Farkle-itis is great, isnt' it? :blink: