Got to try out the Tanji FBFC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
Well I know this is a little late but had a lot of things to do to the bike in preperation for IBR5K in August.

I mounted the Tanji fuel cell which was very simple and staight forward. Glad I got this. :yahoo:

I then replaced my low beam only HID Headlights with the set I bought from BMWILD. Let me say I am completly stisfied with these new HID headlights the wireing is very clean and professional.

I also switched from a Passport 8500 to a Valentine V1.

So I pretty much rewired all my accessories.

So for the Tanji. I dedcided on a pelican 1550 It seemed the best fit for averall size and it does not have wheels so its sits nice and flat. I am still working on mounting the Pelican. I bought some nylon strapping and fittings abd buckels so I can strap it down but remove with ease.

Riding with Tanji. On the first fill I had a little gas spray but then got the idea how to place the nozel and all went fine. The transfer of fuel worked great with just gravity feed. So for all you guys out there that are all paranoid about the fuel tranfer from the fuel cell Note how low the Tanji sits. Electric pumps are not needed unless the fuel has to go up to get to main tank.

TanjiChloe003.jpg

TanjiChloe002.jpg

TanjiChloe001.jpg

TanjiChloe004.jpg

Looks great!

Don't you need to lower the seat a little though? And that helmet seems ill fitting?

...oh, I get it. That's NOT you in the photo. ;)

Nice! Looks like you're ready for the IB5000. :thumbsup:

With the Pelican case, IIRC, GZ mounted his case to a plate that was attached to the tank using standoffs that bolted through the strap slots. Hopefully, some of the other Tanji/Pelican owners will chime in.

Nice! Looks like you're ready for the IB5000. :thumbsup: With the Pelican case, IIRC, GZ mounted his case to a plate that was attached to the tank using standoffs that bolted through the strap slots. Hopefully, some of the other Tanji/Pelican owners will chime in.
I ordered some nylon strap parts because I want a simple method to remove. So that at night it will be easy to remove and bring into hotel. So I think straps attached to the pelican will work but I am open to anty ideas.

Nice! Looks like you're ready for the IB5000. :thumbsup: With the Pelican case, IIRC, GZ mounted his case to a plate that was attached to the tank using standoffs that bolted through the strap slots. Hopefully, some of the other Tanji/Pelican owners will chime in.
I ordered some nylon strap parts because I want a simple method to remove. So that at night it will be easy to remove and bring into hotel. So I think straps attached to the pelican will work but I am open to anty ideas.
Here's an idea I stole from Paul Peloquin. Not the most secure, but very solid, easy, and requires no drilling into the bottom of your case. If security is your priority this probably isn't your right solution.

Personally I don't take the case off the bike. Just throw some padlocks on it, cover the bike and I'm done. If there's something of high value in the case I'd bring that in but that's it.

109_0915.jpg

Damn, I never thought anything could be better looking than a Tanji cel,

....but that little girl is cute beyond words!!

All looks great, and I too used a 1500 on my new cel thingy, i think that a good choice.

Damn, I never thought anything could be better looking than a Tanji cel,....but that little girl is cute beyond words!!

All looks great, and I too used a 1500 on my new cel thingy, i think that a good choice.
Thats My Granddaughter shes about 2 1/2