GPS Programming

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
I know there are 100's of threads but can you program the Zummo from your computer selecting the route you wish to take rather than just a destination with the GPS telling you where to go. I am a road captain for our weekend tours and want to pick out all the best motorcycle roads. I can't do this with the Nuvi 360 I use in the car.

Yes. Check out www.zumoforums.com. All your questions are answered there. It is the FJR Forum of the Zumo world. I've been spending lots of time there recently as I try to figure out my new zumo. You'll find lots of tricks for routing the way you want to go.

I know there are 100's of threads but can you program the Zummo from your computer selecting the route you wish to take rather than just a destination with the GPS telling you where to go. I am a road captain for our weekend tours and want to pick out all the best motorcycle roads. I can't do this with the Nuvi 360 I use in the car.
You can create a route on your PC and download it to your Zumo. You can also ride a route that you like with the Zumo turner on and log the route and turn the track log into a route. I just did this and it was very easy.

Just remember that the route created using MapQuest will not be the same route your garmin displays after recalculating the route...

That brings up a new question. I use Mapquest for picking routes but then committing it to cheat sheet which I tuck in my tankbag on the FJR. What program do you use with Zumo(or Tomtom?!). I have used the GPS extensively as an instrument pilot and again on the boat(still for sale).

That brings up a new question. I use Mapquest for picking routes but then committing it to cheat sheet which I tuck in my tankbag on the FJR. What program do you use with Zumo(or Tomtom?!). I have used the GPS extensively as an instrument pilot and again on the boat(still for sale).
Garmin has this Garmin Communicator thing that is a free download. It's a Plug-In for your browser and allows you to transfer to Garmin GPS. But as I recall, it only transfers points, not routes. May be better now than last time I tried it.

If you want to build routes in a web browser, use Google Maps and TYRE shareware to make GPX files.