GPS Question...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianNKY

Reaction score
Doing some searching on GPS' here but nothing really pertaining to the two devices I have access to.

I guess the question is does anyone have any opinions or experience with either:

1. Magellan 6000T

Or

2. Garmin Nuvi 360 ?

I know neither of those are technically the "motorcycle" version nor are they waterproof but I'd like to see if anyone has experience with either of them. They both offer a "similar" feature set but real world is much better than paper specs IMHO.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the Garmin Nuvi was rated very highly by Consumer Reports.
I have the Garmin Nuvi. I am very happy with it. It is easy to operate, the screen is easy to read, has lots of features and an earphone jack so that you can wear earphones or hook it into an autocom. The only drawback is that it might be hard to use the touchscreen while wearing gloves.

I have the Nuvi 660 in the truck and love it. One of the best GPS solutions I have come across. I really like the system in place for navigating the GPS functions and would suspect the 360 is very similar.

Don't have any experience with the other system you mentioned.

Bryan

Doing some searching on GPS' here but nothing really pertaining to the two devices I have access to.
I guess the question is does anyone have any opinions or experience with either:

1. Magellan 6000T

Or

2. Garmin Nuvi 360 ?

I know neither of those are technically the "motorcycle" version nor are they waterproof but I'd like to see if anyone has experience with either of them. They both offer a "similar" feature set but real world is much better than paper specs IMHO.

Anyone?
I would say both Garmin Nuvi 360 and Magellan RoadMate 6000T have their plus and minuses.

The Nuvi 360 have very similar features to Garmin C550 except for the housing.

I have performed a side by side comparison between the Garmin C550 and Magellan RoadMate 6000T

If you wish to have traffic, you will have to buy an additional traffic receiver if you chose the Garmin Nuvi 360, the Magellan RoadMate 6000T comes with the traffic receiver. You would have to pay for yearly subscription for real time traffic service if you wish to have TMC features. The Garmin Nuvi 360 uses the Garmin GTM 12 at an additioanl cost.

No hard buttons on Garmin Nuvi to deal with, some users love it some wish to have manul input buttons since their fingures are to big to efficiently use the touch screen.

Take a minute and go over each of the positive and limitations of each unit and you can make that decision for yourself.

Personally test days, I carry a Magellan CrossOverGPS 2500T and the Garmin Nuvi 660 with me as my main GPS units, then I beta test the rest! :rolleyes:

Compare Garmin and Magellan GPS units

Last edited by a moderator: