Great Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICLET

Reaction score
I bought a bag similar to this about 2 years ago

https://www.roadgear.com/Soft_Luggage/Tail_...t_Jumbo_Hauler/ in thst time it has never leaked or had any sort of zipper issues.

Last week I carry the bag into the mall to buy a birthday present for my wife. Make my purchase, return to the bike place the bag on the pillion seat, put on my helmet and saddle up. I then ride 38 miles to my destination upon arrival I put down sidestand and as I kick my leg over to dismount I catch my leg on the bag knocking it to the ground. At this point I realize that I had neglected to strap the bag to the pillion with the bungie straps that are on the bottom of the back. The 38 miles that I traveled were on roads that were not the best that Orlando has to offer they included Orange Blossom Trail and I-4 through downtown Orlando which is constantly being repaired.

The conclusions I have reached are that

1: I'm a dumass for forgetting to strap down the bag.

2: The FJR must be really well balanced for me to ride that far without losing my bag and it's contents.

Cheers

No question that the FJR is a great bike, but I think the fact that you were riding in Flori-Duh is the real reason :blink:

No question that the FJR is a great bike, but I think the fact that you were riding in Flori-Duh is the real reason :blink:

I may have been a dumass before getting to Flori-duh. Chances are moving to and staying in the Sunshine State is something I got right, after 28 years I have never said it's too hot and I have never had to shovel sunshinE :exhappysmiley: