Great box....more room

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
recently purchase and installed my Givi E52NF kit on my 2005 FJR and was wondering what some of you used for the l square openings (2) on the rear of the bike where the SR346 topcase holder fits into. the company supplies only 2 pieces of foam tape for the area. :glare:

i also installed the light kit (brake light) and was told by the customer service tech that this is a running light. long story short, this is indeed the brake light kit for the Givi. i tapped into my brake light....black for ground and blue or yellow for my stoplight? i tapped into the blue wire and it just gave me a steady light on.....i suppose the yellow would be the correct wire?

thanks for your help :)

recently purchase and installed my Givi E52NF kit on my 2005 FJR and was wondering what some of you used for the l square openings (2) on the rear of the bike where the SR346 topcase holder fits into. the company supplies only 2 pieces of foam tape for the area. :glare: i also installed the light kit (brake light) and was told by the customer service tech that this is a running light. long story short, this is indeed the brake light kit for the Givi. i tapped into my brake light....black for ground and blue or yellow for my stoplight? i tapped into the blue wire and it just gave me a steady light on.....i suppose the yellow would be the correct wire?

1956, the yellow wire is the brake - blue is the tail light.

recently purchase and installed my Givi E52NF kit on my 2005 FJR and was wondering what some of you used for the l square openings (2) on the rear of the bike where the SR346 topcase holder fits into. the company supplies only 2 pieces of foam tape for the area. :glare: i also installed the light kit (brake light) and was told by the customer service tech that this is a running light. long story short, this is indeed the brake light kit for the Givi. i tapped into my brake light....black for ground and blue or yellow for my stoplight? i tapped into the blue wire and it just gave me a steady light on.....i suppose the yellow would be the correct wire?

1956, the yellow wire is the brake - blue is the tail light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't put anything else besides the supplied foam pieces. First rain, I checked under the seat in the way-back area there, didn't see any water.

I'm wondering why a service tech would tell you that a kit labeled "Brake light kit" would be a running light kit. Wonder what other good secrets he has? :huh: