Great customer service from Corbin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rider47

Reaction score
I purchased a new Corbin seat earlier this year for my 08 FJR and found it to be the most uncomfortable of the many Corbin seats I have owned. After waiting for it to break in (which it never did ), I called Corbin customer service. I told them that the seat foam was too firm and that the indentation in the baseplate for the heating element resulted in an even thinner layer of foam on top of the indentation. Corbin customer service agreed to rework the seat with softer foam. The only charge to me would be the cost of shipping the seat to them. I just got the seat back and what an amazing difference! Not only is it padded with softer foam, but they removed the indentation in the baseplate to allow for a thick and even layer of foam across the entire width of the seat. The seat is much better with the changes and there was no charge to me. Thank you Corbin for great customer service.

Could you tell how they removed the indention? Did they just cut it away with a dremil tool or something like that? I am OK with the type of foam they use, but would like to knock out the indention.

Could you tell how they removed the indention? Did they just cut it away with a dremil tool or something like that? I am OK with the type of foam they use, but would like to knock out the indention.
It does look like they removed the indentation with a dremel tool and then smoothed it out. Now, the foam goes all the way from the baseplate to the seat cover.

It does look like they removed the indentation with a dremel tool and then smoothed it out. Now, the foam goes all the way from the baseplate to the seat cover.
Thanks for the observation.. I CAREFULLY went to work on mine and cut away the indention with the dremel, paying close attention not to damage the leather or foam when getting close to the edge.

Could not believe the difference. No more golf ball under one cheek!