Great pants just put on closeout!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had two pairs of these, and they are a great touring, ride anywhere pants. First pair lasted 5 years...
Smitty

https://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/..._overpants.html

+1. Mine are about 5 yrs old, and I just re-waterproofed them...should be good for another year or 2.
I have a set of these 1 yr old; I use them as my summer pants, usually wearing LD shorts or similar underneath. I have FG TPG's for winter wear.

The only issue I have with these is if it rains, and if you have full pants on underneath (aka jeans), the waterproof liner doesn't quite come down to the length of the jeans or the outer mesh fabric of the HT's, so the rain soaks the bottom edge of the jeans, which then travels upwards to soak your socks, then your feet get soaked. Not a big deal on short runs, but if traveling or longer runs, it's something to be aware of.

I've seen a post on LDR by someone that simply sews a rubber/neoprene liner on the inside of the mesh fabric for the bottom 2" or so; I haven't done this, I solve it by stuffing my pants in the top of my boots, but when wearing LD shorts it's not an issue at all...

Great price on these!

I've had mine two years, the mesh doesn't flow enough air for my liking, not bad though. Also the knee and hip pads are not to be considered "armor" and are just soft foam. The fabric will rip easy in a tumble.