Grip Puppies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRottie

Independent
Reaction score
I know that Cali Sport Touring sells them. They suck.

1 - Does anyone know of another place where you can get them ?

2 - If you have them what size did you get ?

I would say small, since the useable part of the stock grip is 4.5 inches long and 1.25 inches thick.

I want them and I don't feel like changing the grips yet.

When I search on the WWW, only CST comes up.

p.s. I don't care about those who don't like them, that is not what I am asking.

I buy mine from Southeast sales in milwaukee, as they stock them there...

414-463-2540

But it seems they have just gotten around to making a website, and they don't sell much on there...

https://www.southeastsales.com

I think I paid like 8.95 each... and I got an extra pair, so If you need me to send them to you, as you don't want to shop at Cali, cause they suck... heheheh

I know they are more expensive, but that what I get for buying them locally.

It would not be a problem for me to send them to ya...

Or Im sure you could get them from southeast...

By the way.... you want the small grips to go over the factory grips...

I love those dam things... GP's are sweet...

No Problem... let me know... glad I can help out a fellow member...

heheheheh he said Member.. :haha:

Warpdrv,

Question; does Southeast call them something other than Grip Puppies? I looked, then searched, then looked again and I can't find them there.

Did find lots of grips, grip glue, grip accessories etc. Large site with lots of stuff.

They don't have much of anything on their website, I didn't find them on there either.... like I said... you would have to call them...

and Im not really sure that they actually do a whole lot of Internet sales...

that is why I posted their Phone #....

They don't have much of anything on their website, I didn't find them on there either....  like I said... you would have to call them...
and Im not really sure that they actually do a whole lot of Internet sales...

that is why I posted their Phone #....
I read that you got yours locally but wasn't clear about the website. NO biggie, and the link Rottie posted is (maybe) a better deal if you don't mind quantity. Thanks for your help and the correct size info.

'preciate it. :cownoy:

FJRottie, right back at ya buddy.... :)

Fallen Jim...

Looks like a better deal at that other website, you get 3 pairs for 15.00...

I paid like 8.95 or something like that for 1 pair...

See one of my first posts for the place I bought them... they are just a small local shop here in Milwaukee... and just happen to have good prices on most of the stuff Im lookin for... easier to just call them..

warp

Last edited by a moderator:
They are meant to just slide over the existing grips...

Your supposed to soak them in hot water, to soften them up, and I use a little dishsoap, and use gloves to pull them on easier... just rock 'em a bit, and they slip right on...

I haven't tried this but someone says just use a little air blower will blow them on just nicely.... :)

Warp

Just as a side note, and in case anyone was wondering, the FJR's grips are 1.25" in diameter by . . . . dang it, I forgot to measure the length . . . oh well . . . got to go back home and measure again . . .

Measure once - cut twice :dribble:

Just as a side note, and in case anyone was wondering, the FJR's grips are 1.25" in diameter by . . . . dang it, I forgot to measure the length . . . oh well . . . got to go back home and measure again . . .
Measure once - cut twice :dribble:
1.25" diameter, by 4.75" length... but grip puppies come in 5" length...

so they kinda squish their way together and this doesn't present a problem...

Hahaha beat ya to it.... :)

warp

1.25" diameter, by 4.75" length... but grip puppies come in 5" length...
So, what diameter works best? The griptek site mentions several diameters for a 5" grip, the two that might work are: 1.1-1.25" or 1.25-1.45". I will assume the smaller diameter is the way to go, but anyone know for sure?

Well, I soaked them in HOT water, added a little dish soap... The clutch side slipped on but I did WORK UP A SWEAT! :mad:

The throttle side curled the original grip half way up and I ended up ripping it! :angry:

Oh, I also tried the compressed air, and an electric compresser!

I'll see if they'll send me another since it came with no directions... :rant:

Sorry that happened, FJrider. I hope they send you another.

What size did you purchase?