Group Buys!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunDog

Reaction score
OK, so I watched and watched for over a year. Group buys came and group buys went.

Now that I got my bike (in May), I have yet to see a GB. I think the Wilburs was the last one. Is is that WC gave up on doing these things and nobody picked up the ball?

GBs are much easier to pass by our wives, guys! "Honey, this is a one-time chance to save good money!" (as if we actually needed the part in the first place!!).

Any more coming up? What's of interest?

-BD

The Galfer/Speigler GB did WC in. He swore never again. That, and now everybody's broke. Feel free to take the reins... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
People bitched too much about saving money.

Well, people just bitched too much. If you find something you really think people will like, try organizing a group buy. Most everyone will appreciate it and understand the nature of how group buys save money (while sometimes taking longer to deliver). Others will just bitch as always while never offering to do the work to organize one themselves. In the end you have to weigh the effort versus listening to the bitching to see if it's worth it to you to bother with another one.

People bitched too much about saving money.
Well, people just bitched too much. If you find something you really think people will like, try organizing a group buy. Most everyone will appreciate it and understand the nature of how group buys save money (while sometimes taking longer to deliver). Others will just bitch as always while never offering to do the work to organize one themselves. In the end you have to weigh the effort versus listening to the bitching to see if it's worth it to you to bother with another one.
Aren't looking at AZBikerGirl's book as a group buy? :lol:

I don't recall anything but immense appreciation and warm fuzzies Bounce.... :lol:

BrunDog is officially elected the organizer of the next group buy.

What we looking at BrunDog?

I think BrunDog needs to organize a Russel Day-long seat group buy... mostly because that's next in my sights for farkleation...

That is just what i was thinking, Russel group buy! Three models to choose from, skinny, average, and healty. B) If needed, you can alway send it back once to get it trimmed if need, but I imagine 80% of us would find it so comfortable we wouldn't want to have it modified and find that it was less comfortable.

I said I'd jump in on the Corbin Smuggler group buy if the part becomes reality. I saved the business card from the guy I bought my Corbin seat for my 1100G from. I emailed him but haven't heard anything back. I'll try to get a phone call in. I did put the possibility of a G.B. in my email and asked for a pre-delivery price ala Sargent.

That is just what i was thinking, Russel group buy!  Three models to choose from, skinny, average, and healty.  B)   If needed, you can alway send it back once to get it trimmed if need, but I imagine 80% of us would find it so comfortable we wouldn't want to have it modified and find that it was less comfortable.
Seems you missed the point of custom seats. None of this "off the rack" low rent shenanigans, bub! ;)

Russell's a truly custom seats. Not this pick one of 2 or 3 options crap like Corbin. You send in a pan and your measurements and you get back a seat that is built for you and not just something in the general area that might get sorta, kinda close. Make your order, get your build date, turn around time much improved over several years ago. It went from 8 months to 10 days (excluding ship times) for me this last time. Heck, Russell won't even start until they have your measurements, a description of what you don't like about the OEM seat, and photos of you (and your passenger) sitting on the bike.

Russell does support group buys in the off season. I got mine during a Concourse (COG) group buy and got the full leather, heavy suspension, rain cover, blah blah blah for under $600.

Exactly Bounce... the Spiegler and Wilber orders were custom hardware group buys... sounds like just the thing for the "cooler" months coming up...