Half Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewoodman

Reaction score
A couple years ago I saw a motorcycle cover I liked similiar to a half cover. The difference with this cover is that it came in its own attached pouch and the pouch hooked up under the rear seat so it was always attached to the bike. I like this idea rather than a seperate cover you need to store. It only covers from the back of the seat forward and I believe it hooked over the mirrors so it did not cover the shield.

I do not remember the brand or where I actually saw it so I'm hoping you all can help. I have searched google with all the search variations I can think of and can't find it.

I'm really just looking for a simple dust cover that will shield most of the bike from the wheather and particularly my new to me Russell seat.

If I can't find it I will be going with the Nelson-Rigg 2000 half cover.

Thanks,

Greg

I knew it. I knew if I posted the question I would find it. :rolleyes:

This is the cover I was talking about.

KwiKover

Anyone have experience with this cover?

Thanks.

I knew it. I knew if I posted the question I would find it. :rolleyes:
This is the cover I was talking about.

KwiKover

Anyone have experience with this cover?

Thanks.
Yeah, I've got one. It's okay. Straps go over the mirrors and it covers everything behind the windshield but the shield itself. It's definitely convenient, doesn't take up luggage space, and I use it more often than any other cover I've owned.

They apparently have some quality control issues, though. The cover was sewn into the bag upside down, something I didn't notice until after I'd chopped it up a bit for the install. Not a big deal, but a minor hassle to tuck the thing back into the bag from the bottom rather than the top.

So, this is just to keep the seat dry and out of the sun?

I have the nelson-rigg half cover and really like it. May not be as convenient as kwikover, but covers more of the bike. Packs down pretty small, too, into a "fanny-pack" size pouch.

It will mainly be used for overnight stays on the road and during the day at work. At work it's mainly to keep the seat dry if it rains and maybe keep a bit of the sawdust off. The sawdust blows out of the dust collection trailers and with the right wind it will put a nice dusting on the parking lot and of course the vehicles.

After reading what little there is on the KwiKover and the fact that they only offer a 30 day warranty I decided to go with the Nelson-Rigg UV2000. It's costs less, has a one year warranty and everybody that has one seems to like them.

Any FJRForum members selling them? I do not see them at BikEffects or PCA. If not I will probably go to motorcycle-superstore.

Thanks.

It will mainly be used for overnight stays on the road and during the day at work. At work it's mainly to keep the seat dry if it rains and maybe keep a bit of the sawdust off. The sawdust blows out of the dust collection trailers and with the right wind it will put a nice dusting on the parking lot and of course the vehicles.

Sounds damn slippery. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: