Hamburger run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
After fulfilling my Rider Coach duties Sunday, I took my favorite photographer for a dinner ride to grab a hamburger at the Priest Station Restaurant. Route We took the long way heading up through Hornitos, Bear Valley North on Hwy 49 (descended the Little Dragon) blasted through Coulterville, rode up Old Priest Grade and stopped for dinner. Had a good hamburger on the patio of the restaurant enjoying the view of crows and Turkey Vultures soaring the ridge in the strong afternoon breezes and listening to all the different languages being spoken. The Priest Station Restaurant is on Hwy 120 which is one of the main roads into Yosemite, hence a bunch of touristo types frequent there. After dinner we took Priest-Coulterville Road south to Greeley Hill Rd, then took Hwy 132 to home. Beautiful weather and light traffic with not one car holding us up on Hwy 49, which is rare on the weekends. Flowers will soon die off so this was one of our last posey sniffin rides of this spring. Enjoy the pics!

1 mile from the house on Merced Falls Rd.

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010051.jpg

Lupine on Merced Falls Rd.

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010052.jpg

Hornitos, home of bandito Joaquin Murietta

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010062.jpg

Bear Valley Rd

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010063.jpg

Tasty section of the Little Dragon

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010078.jpg

Bagby Rec area bridge

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010084.jpg

Restaurant storage bldg.

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010087.jpg

Obligatory Roadside flower shot

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010089.jpg

Boss's favorite color

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010090.jpg

Poppy shot

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010091.jpg

Coulterville Hotel Jeffrey (after the earthquake)

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010095.jpg

Got home just in time to mow the lawn!

KiteflyingandSundayrideMay22010112.jpg

Serious envy being projected your way CAJW. Looks like the perfect day for it too. One to remember.

Thanks for sharing. Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks gorgeous! Shame I was that close and didn't know about that "little dragon" or other tasty bits the past couple years I've rissen that area. I'll have to file that ride as a must do next time I'm down there.

I saw the flowers two weeks ago, but didn't know the name was Lupines...

Just cool! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice, CAJW; Thank You! Northern California is a slice of heaven; and, you NorCal FJR people aren't as ugly as the SoCal people. As a Los Robustos El Jefe, por favor, a picture of the hamburger, ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha another "crappy" day of riding in California :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

We needed up going to Knights Ferry and Sheep Ranch Road / Railroad Road and then the wind blasts crossing the Valley

Hi CAJW:

I too was on "the dragon" Sunday for a spin on Francisco. I left Kingsburg about 9:00am, drove to Angels Camp for lunch, then headed back home.

Saw an interesting thing heading back down into the canyon on the way home - I came around a corner and saw about 10 crotch rockets lined up at a corner looking down the hill while a Ford P/U with a tow strap was trying to pull up a bike (I assume) from the outside of the corner. Guess he/she came in too hot and couldn't make it. No cops or emergency equipment, so I guess all was ok.

Talked to some guys in the morning under the shade tree at The Jeffrey and a nice (older) guy from Mariposa who was in full leathers on a Duc 999 - hope I can ride a bike like that when I'm 65 plus.

Never tire of riding Hiway 49 - great stuff!

Brian the biknflyfisher

Wee Willy - Our pleasure

Shiny - Ping me when you're in the area, doesn't take much for me to take the afternoon off to run the Little Dragon!

Don - I just KNEW that since I left the camera on the bike that I'd be hit up for a piccie of the grub. Sorry, it was ido rápidamente!

Roy - It was good to meet you recently on Nacimento Ferguson rd and you should've come up our way, the wind was pretty tame in the canyons of 49.

Bikn- Sorry we missed each other. I'm guessing the mishap occurred south of Coulterville, lots of fresh tar snakes with sand still on the road might have "helped" that bike off the curve.

Tyler - Thanks, but photo credits go to my pillion. She shoots a bunch when we ride and often comes up with some real cool stuff!

OM- I'm thinking it's Ca. Let me check my papers and I'll get back to you!

John,

Great pics and all, but you left off the little section where you get serious air.

Still keeping it a secret huh?

Mark

Looks like fun. Nice report. We got a lot of those "lupines" in Texas this time of year. the "lupinus texensis", also known as the Texas Bluebonnet.

100_1635.jpg

John,
Great pics and all, but you left off the little section where you get serious air.

Still keeping it a secret huh?

Mark
Mark,

Actually that is on Hornitos Road, a favorite spot for my Mrs. to put her hands up roller coaster style when we hit that hump in the road. This past trip through there, I got slapped upside the helmet when I put my hands up too! Wimmen..... sometimes they have NO sense of humor. :rolleyes: