Hand Grips for FJR passenger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachdancer

Reaction score
Wife is adjusting to new 2010 FJR, prefers it to 1200 GS. Would feel more comfortable if hand grips were available at the sides, possibly mounted to leading top edge of factory bags. Any ideas or applications people can recommend?

Side note: three years with a 1200 GS and she wasn't even happy on pavement. FIRST ride on FJR, she pointed to a rutted dirt road running off our local beach and suggested we try that one...bike handles better on sand and gravel than I deserve...

Glad your wife is happy, beachdancer. Are you a handy man type of guy? You can make those handles yourself. I'd suggest putting them on the black section. Good Luck!

There are grab rails already on the bike...Are they set too far back for her liking? Instead of hand grips, would she feel more secure with a back rest? These are really available as stand alone or incorporated into a tail case.

There are grab rails already on the bike...Are they set too far back for her liking? Instead of hand grips, would she feel more secure with a back rest? These are really available as stand alone or incorporated into a tail case.
+1 Allen C.

Also, the Givi grab "handles" pictured in the CAJW's link above are not mounted on an FJR in the picture. However, they appear to be in the same location as my 357 Givi mount, however the grab rails appear just a little taller than mine (in the picture). Not sure if that would make much difference. I found that the installation of my Givi E55 top case made a huge difference in passenger confidence. Having something to lean back against seems to work even better than having something to grab on to.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a pic of the GIVI mount and hand hold orientation to the seat.

JK11-16-08006.jpg

Or, like this gal,"I don't need no stinkin' hand holds!"

DSC_0016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently so. Not out of business exactly. Moved to making dog harnesses for people who don't care of their dogs are at risk when riding.