hand grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please someone tell me what softer grips to get.
I've mounted heated grips which are not soft by any means. However, I have found great comfort using gloves with gel pads in the palm area. Can't tell you which gloves to look at right now, unfortunately. My gloves are old Tour Masters which are no longer being sold.

+1 on the grip puppies.

Get the small size from califofrnia sport touring. You can't go wrong at the price...

If you're looking for softer grips because of pressure on your hands, then you're putting too much weight on your arms while riding. Use your back and legs to support you upper body, not the handlebars. Search Google on "master yoda riding position" for a better explanation.

I added Grip Puppies when I first got the bike because I felt the grips were too small. They took it a little too far the other way, and as they wore out I eventually removed them and haven't looked back.

I'm not sure if these will help, but have heard that OM uses them for sheep herding.
tough_chic_boxing_glovesb.jpg

+1 BMW Sport Touring grips.
Just for some perspective I followed the praises of the BMW grips and installed a set. I was never happy with them.

The grips I've been quite satisfied with are the Sunline Grand Touring Grips, unfortunately they seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment.

e44001.jpg

Since mine are now quite worn out and the Grand Touring Grips are unavailable I might try these as they seem to be highly recommended on the MurphKits website. Although Cal Sport Touring also has them MurphKits' price already includes shipping to the Lower 48, so it's cheaper.

Progrip Dual Sport Rally Grips Model 714 Black

progrip714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the length of those are. They look nice and have good reviews on the website.

** Nevermind, found the length on the Cal sport touring site. ***

Doesn't anyone make a grip the same size as the FJR 135mm ?

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 BMW Sport Touring grips.
Just for some perspective I followed the praises of the BMW grips and installed a set. I was never happy with them.

The grips I've been quite satisfied with are the Sunline Grand Touring Grips, unfortunately they seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment.

Progrip Dual Sport Rally Grips Model 714 Black

progrip714.jpg
I had the same issues with the BMW style grips. They're wider at the far outside edge and angled my aging wrists the wrong way for any comfort.

I switched to the same style as the CA Sport Touring grips shown above. I think I bought them @ Cycle Gear 4 years ago.

JamesK, have you tried to source the GRAND TOURING GRIPS (Sunline) at Cycleparts?
Sunline

Just did a search on the net.
fossilrider, thank you for the link, this site did not come up in my original Google search for these grips. Unfortunately their site seems screwed as it will not allow me to check out either as a guest or by registering. Heck it won't even let me send them a contact email to ask how to buy these from them.

By any chance do you have a direct phone number for them, 1-877-578-1371 is not working?