Hand Guards - the black plastic kind

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
Can anyone out there help me find photos of how these Hand Guards are installed on the FJR (preferrably the 2005 model)? I thought I saw pictures and descriptions before, but can't find them again. Also, it was my recollection that they were actually for the vstrom, but they were modified to fit the FJR.

Thanks...

-Iris

Anything significantly different about putting these on a Gen II?

Holy crap Iris, folks sure where nice to you. Lucky I didn't see this first.

Holy crap Iris, folks sure where nice to you. Lucky I didn't see this first.
That's what I was thinking. Seems uncharacteristically friendly on this thread. It's a pleasant change of pace.
I don't think it's friendliness. I think it's fear.

If you're not nice to her, she can pick up a rock and crush your head with it.

2699370315_8c212f5778_b.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]photo kyped from this thread: link[/SIZE]

Seriously though, I think it's just that a lot of people know herfjr and ZOOOMM (or at least recognize their Forum names)

(Plus, it's not Friday.)

(Plus, even search Nazis miss one once in a while.)

Can anyone out there help me find photos of how these Hand Guards are installed on the FJR (preferrably the 2005 model)? I thought I saw pictures and descriptions before, but can't find them again. Also, it was my recollection that they were actually for the vstrom, but they were modified to fit the FJR.
Clear indication of

1) Having read the board frequently

2) Having searched but not finding it.

and then there is the polite

Thanks...
no dogpile indicated.

Its just cause she is a GIRL!

Only thing I had to do to my handguard install was round out the bolt hole on the clutch side. It moves from time to time but, just either tighten it or, pull it back on.