handle bar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAM TOM

Reaction score
I have only had my 09 fjr for a week so maybe i just need to get used to it but it seems like a stretch to the bars and there a little low also. Have already adjusted them back as far as they will go. Anyway are there aftermarket risers available for this bike? If you have them how do you like them? :)

I have only had my 09 fjr for a week so maybe i just need to get used to it but it seems like a stretch to the bars and there a little low also. Have already adjusted them back as far as they will go. Anyway are there aftermarket risers available for this bike? If you have them how do you like them? :)
just do a google search or search here. all over the place

Try this link ,

For the Gen II bikes like yours, the Heli triple tree is about the only solution.

Do spend some more time on the bike first and see how you adjust to it. The "Sport bike slouch" also helps. Search on Yoda riding position as well for more info on that.

Another search method is Google - FJR Google Search which is sometimes easier than the forum search to find what you want.

I did the 1" Gen Mar risers. They help a lot, but moving the bars back towards you would help even more. The Heli risers or triple would be even better.

GP

Type this into google heli triple clamp site:fjrforum.com or risers site:fjrforum.com

Anything you want to search for followed by site:fjrforum.com with give you better results than the site search.

Good luck Tom.

I bought an 09 a couple of months ago and had the 2" Helibar risers installed. This has given me a much better riding position over the stock bar height.

I bought an 09 a couple of months ago and had the 2" Helibar risers installed. This has given me a much better riding position over the stock bar height.
I agree that rotating the bars out would be more helpful than just raising them. I experimented by dropping my seat to simulate extra height, it helps, but it's the bar angle that seems to hurt the most.

Dan