Handle bar weights...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Macdonald

Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been discussed ad-nausium, but I have not seen it, so therefor I would like to know if the addition of these shiny ugly weights on the ends of the handle grips actually do anything so as to mitigate some kind of vibration or whatever they are designed to do.

Thanks for any input...Hommie

I'm sure this topic has been discussed ad-nausium, but I have not seen it, so therefor I would like to know if the addition of these shiny ugly weights on the ends of the handle grips actually do anything so as to mitigate some kind of vibration or whatever they are designed to do.
They do help to some degree, but they are not the be-all, end-all solution for hand grip vibes. An excruciatingly precise throttle body synch has the most effect on reducing vibes.

Still, I attacked the issue using the heavy Top Gun End Weights, BMW Sport Grips and a good TBS every 4000 miles. All three together make a big, big difference: FJRTech: Hand Grip/End Weight Farkle

Probably just me because there are a lot of happy bar end weight users out there, but I worry about having too much weight on the end of the bars causing fatigue in the aluminum bars over time. I stuck with the stock bar ends . I did switch to the BMW sport grips and didn't notice any difference in vibrations but I do think the BMW grips have better traction between the grips and my gloves.

I'm on my third set of bar ends. The latest ones are part of the Throttlemeister set-up. I personally think bar ends are pretty much useless in dealing with the vibration issue. I've never been able to detect any improvement due to their presence. A good TBS is your best bet to beat the vibes. Get the bar ends if you just like their looks......don't count on them to do much of anything else.